Обсуждение: New website design

New website design

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi all,

We still looking for a volunteer to update Alexey's site framework with
Lukasz new design.

Surely someone has some time to spare? If not, anybody know anyone not
of this list who might want to lend a hand?

Regards, Dave.

Re: New website design

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Sep 6, 2004, at 4:32 PM, Dave Page wrote:

> We still looking for a volunteer to update Alexey's site framework with
> Lukasz new design.

I'll give it a go, if someone would point me in the right direction to
Alexey's templates and Lukasz' snazzy html/css/images.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: New website design

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
> We still looking for a volunteer to update Alexey's site framework with
> Lukasz new design.
>
> Surely someone has some time to spare? If not, anybody know anyone not
> of this list who might want to lend a hand?

In fact, I'm able to do this myself.

Where is HTML/CSS for the design? IIRC, only a link to an image was
posted here.

Re: New website design

От
Michael Glaesemann
On Sep 6, 2004, at 7:24 PM, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I'm just anxious to see the new design up :) I won't stand in Alexey's
way.

> The original concept was indeed a mockup in photoshop, however, Lukasz
> was kind enough to code it up for us - the xhtml and images are in the
> attachment.

I took a brief look at the html. It looks like it has a lot of nested
tables. One of the things I was going to do is try to reduce the number
of nested tables to lighten the page. IIRC, Alexey is similarly driven
by lightweight xhmtl/css design, so I'm sure he'd do the same thing.
When I did this a while back (using the current markup), I was able to
reduce the page weight by at least 40% if memory serves.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: New website design

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Dave Page wrote:
> The original concept was indeed a mockup in photoshop, however, Lukasz
> was kind enough to code it up for us - the xhtml and images are in the
> attachment.

Right now I'm trying to create a "better" html file (the current one is
"static", in the sense that you can't change navigation easily).

Can I also have Photoshop source? For obvious reasons, I'd prefer
working with it rather than editing .jpg images.

Re: New website design

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Sep 10, 2004, at 8:41 PM, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Can I also have Photoshop source? For obvious reasons, I'd prefer
> working with it rather than editing .jpg images.

Do you think it would be feasible to use png on the site rather than
jpeg? Or are there too many browsers out there that can't handle png?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: New website design

От
Alexey Borzov
Дата:
Hi,

Michael Glaesemann wrote:
>> Can I also have Photoshop source? For obvious reasons, I'd prefer
>> working with it rather than editing .jpg images.
>

> Do you think it would be feasible to use png on the site rather than
> jpeg? Or are there too many browsers out there that can't handle png?

Yes, that's one of the reasons I'd like to have Photoshop source.

There are some browsers that can't handle PNG alpha transparency, but I
don't think that'll be used.