Обсуждение: CVS slowness

CVS slowness

Дата:
I am seeing CVS slowness.  A commit of two files takes 14 minutes.  A
CVS update has taken 12 minutes and it isn't even done yet.

This is impacting my ability to work on PostgreSQL.  Mark fixed
something last night and it was unbelievably fast, but now it is very
slow again.

Re: CVS slowness

Дата:
Sorry, now it is really fast again.  I am confused.

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I am seeing CVS slowness.  A commit of two files takes 14 minutes.  A
> CVS update has taken 12 minutes and it isn't even done yet.
>
> This is impacting my ability to work on PostgreSQL.  Mark fixed
> something last night and it was unbelievably fast, but now it is very
> slow again.

Re: CVS slowness

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Sorry, now it is really fast again.  I am confused.

have you checked your network connection like I suggested earlier?  I
think my "fix" might have been coincidental ...

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I am seeing CVS slowness.  A commit of two files takes 14 minutes.  A
>> CVS update has taken 12 minutes and it isn't even done yet.
>>
>> This is impacting my ability to work on PostgreSQL.  Mark fixed
>> something last night and it was unbelievably fast, but now it is very
>> slow again.
>>
>> --
>>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
>>   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 359-1001
>>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
>>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

>  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
>  pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 359-1001
>  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
>  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

----

Re: CVS slowness

Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> > Sorry, now it is really fast again.  I am confused.
>
> have you checked your network connection like I suggested earlier?  I
> think my "fix" might have been coincidental ...

My network was running fine at the time.  I did check.

Re: CVS slowness

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry, now it is really fast again.  I am confused.
>>
>> have you checked your network connection like I suggested earlier?  I
>> think my "fix" might have been coincidental ...
>
> My network was running fine at the time.  I did check.

Most odd ... i'm not pumping near enough data across the link right now to
affect things either ...

once I finish with neptune, I'm going to try something on venus to see if
I can force it to 'clean vnodes', which I believe is what is affecting you
for CVS also ...

----