Обсуждение: Updating the web pages

Updating the web pages

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Updating the web pages

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
<snip>
> The question is: Should only 3 people (Marc,Dave and Robert (Robert owns
> the files) will update the sites, or should web group (+Justin and me) be
> able to update them?

Hmmmm.  Perhaps the web group should be yourself, Marc, Dave, and
Robert, and we ensure the permissions keep the group writing enabled?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Regards,
> - --
> Devrim GUNDUZ
> devrim~gunduz.org                devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
>             http://www.tdmsoft.com
>             http://www.gunduz.org

Re: Updating the web pages

От
"Dave Page"

Re: Updating the web pages

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 05:23, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

At some point we really need to stop doing all these updates on the live
servers and start doing them through CVS...

Robert Treat

Re: Updating the web pages

От
"John Hansen"

> At some point we really need to stop doing all these updates
> on the live servers and start doing them through CVS...

There is a tool that allows you to run commands on checkin on the server (when using pserver),
Buggered if I can remember what it's called tho.
Could be used to export the checkin to the websites..

... John

Re: Updating the web pages

От
"Dave Page"

I forget when this thread started - but I was going to simply add an
hourly cronjob to 'cvs update' the master site. The new portal has been
checked out as 'anonymous' for precisely that reason.

Regards, Dave.