Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Surveys

PostgreSQL Surveys

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Hi Guys,

I just ran out of new surveys to use on the website. Can I get some more
suggestions please?

Cheers, Dave.

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I just ran out of new surveys to use on the website. Can I get some more
> suggestions please?

As a general thought, perhaps looking at the longer term things in the
PG development TODO list, putting some in a survey, and asking which one
people want the most?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Cheers, Dave.

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I just ran out of new surveys to use on the website. Can I get some more
> suggestions please?
>
> Cheers, Dave.

We could also go this one:

Which PG website should be redone first:

+ Advocacy
+ Archives
+ GBorg
+ Main website
+ PGFoundry
+ Techdocs

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 04:20, Dave Page wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I just ran out of new surveys to use on the website. Can I get some more
> suggestions please?

What is your most anticipated feature in 8.0?
1) tablespaces
2) pitr
3) win32
4) arc/bgwriter
5) alter column type
6) savepoints

How have you helped out with 8.0 beta testing?
1) Installed beta package
2) Installed win32 postgresql
3) Reviewed the developer online docs
4) dump/reload of current db into 8.0
5) sat there like a bump on a log

How do you pronounce PostgreSQL?
1) post-gres-q-l
2) post-gres
3) pahst-grey
4) pg-sequel
5) post-gree
6) postgres-sequel
7) p-g-sequel

What license are the applications you write against PostgreSQL?
1) BSD
2) GPL
3) LGPL
4) Other OSI approved license
5) Commercial product for sale
5) Proprietary system not for sale

Robert Treat

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Robert Treat wrote:

These two both sound interesting.  The License one probably more
importantly.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

<snip>
> How do you pronounce PostgreSQL?
> 1) post-gres-q-l
> 2) post-gres
> 3) pahst-grey
> 4) pg-sequel
> 5) post-gree
> 6) postgres-sequel
> 7) p-g-sequel
>
> What license are the applications you write against PostgreSQL?
> 1) BSD
> 2) GPL
> 3) LGPL
> 4) Other OSI approved license
> 5) Commercial product for sale
> 5) Proprietary system not for sale
>

> Robert Treat

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I just ran out of new surveys to use on the website. Can I get some more
> suggestions please?

Should we keep the banner ads on the PostgreSQL Website pages?

+ Yes
+ No

(and no fiddling with the votes anyone)

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Cheers, Dave.

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Justin Clift
Dave Page wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I just ran out of new surveys to use on the website. Can I get some more
> suggestions please?

How about:

Which new look for the PostgreSQL website do you like best:

+ <link to http://no1-else.com/postgre.jpg> Option A </link>
+ <link to http://no1-else.com/postgre2.jpg> Option B </link>
+ <link to [etc.]> Option C </link>

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Cheers, Dave.

Re: PostgreSQL Surveys

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Justin,

> Which new look for the PostgreSQL website do you like best:
>
> + <link to http://no1-else.com/postgre.jpg> Option A </link>
> + <link to http://no1-else.com/postgre2.jpg> Option B </link>

The difference between these 2 is the ads, so not those.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions