Обсуждение: Cannot submit event

Cannot submit event

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Guys,

I've been trying to submit an event for the last 1/2 hour, and it keeps timing
out.   What's up here?

The event (mostly so I don't lose the text)

PostgreSQL will have a very full track <a
href="http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/">at O'Reilly's OSCON in Portland,
OR.</a>   If you are in North America, you should not miss this convention --
many of the core members of the PostgreSQL community will be there.<br>
(Click header for more details)

PostgreSQL will have a very full track <a
href="http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/">atO'Reilly's OSCON in Portland,
OR.</a>   If you are in North America, you should not miss this convention --
many of the core members of the PostgreSQL community will be there.<p>
We will have tutorials and presentations by Bruce Momjian, Jan Wieck, Joe
Conway, Elein Mustain, Greg Mullaine, Vivek Khera, Robert Treat, George
Essig, Reece Hart, Robert Kaye, Paul Ramsey and Josh Berkus.  There will also
be a presentation on Advanced SQL from Joe Celko.<p>
We will also have a BOF and possibly additional events in the evening and
after the convention for the PostgreSQL community.<p>
If you are a listed Major Contributor to PostgreSQL, there is a special
discount available to attend the convention.  Please contact
josh--at--postgresql . org to claim this.<p>
A full track listing can be found on <a
href="http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/70.php">Elein's General
Bits.</a>

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: Cannot submit event

От
"Dave Page"

Dunno, I'm just fixing the bug that Bruce found in the events archive
and the database is insufferably slow. Any ideas Marc?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Cannot submit event

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
> > I've been trying to submit an event for the last 1/2 hour,
> > and it keeps timing
> > out.   What's up here?
>
> Dunno, I'm just fixing the bug that Bruce found in the events archive
> and the database is insufferably slow. Any ideas Marc?

Beyond the fact that there is an atrocious amount of connections opened
up:

neptune# ps aux | grep 186_ | awk '{print $12}' | sort | uniq -c
   1 186_
   3 186_bric
  27 186_gborg
 104 186_pgsql

nadda ... loadavg is <1 on the database server, and I have pg_autovacuum
enabled to keep tables 'clean' ... does anyone know of a way of having
pg_autovacuum log the database its doing the vacuum on, instead of just
schema.table ... I'm seeing an awful lot of vacuum's of pg_statistic, but
have no idea which database:

[2004-04-21 12:32:29 AM] Performing: VACUUM ANALYZE "public"."siteusers"
[2004-04-21 12:34:09 AM] Performing: VACUUM ANALYZE "pg_catalog"."pg_statistic"
[2004-04-21 12:34:11 AM] Performing: VACUUM ANALYZE "pg_catalog"."pg_statistic"
[2004-04-21 12:34:13 AM] Performing: VACUUM ANALYZE "pg_catalog"."pg_statistic"
[2004-04-21 12:34:15 AM] Performing: VACUUM ANALYZE "pg_catalog"."pg_statistic"
[2004-04-21 08:48:20 AM] Performing: VACUUM ANALYZE "public"."siteusers"

----

Re: Cannot submit event

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"