Обсуждение: Advocacy Downloads out of date

Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
"Gavin M. Roy"
Дата:
http://advocacy.postgresql.org/download/ is out of date, I'd be happy to
keep it up to date if I had access to do so...

Gavin

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
"Gavin M. Roy"
Дата:
Here's a crazy idea, how about if I give you a short php snippet that
goes to the latest branch in the ftp site, and always grabs the latest
version information and provides links, and looks identical to whats
there, then theoretically the page will always be up to date without any
work?

BTW looks good, links work.

Gavin

Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 23 March 2004 14:30, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Here's a crazy idea, how about if I give you a short php snippet that
> goes to the latest branch in the ftp site, and always grabs the latest
> version information and provides links, and looks identical to whats
> there, then theoretically the page will always be up to date without any
> work?

Please do... it's so far down on my todo list I've about given up on it.  The
code is in cvs in the pgweb project on gborg... hopefully we dont have too
many cowboy changes going on the production servers

<snip>
> >BTW... I saw that links to rpm packages are.. let me write it:
> >
> >http://www.postgresql.org/ftpsite/binary/v7.4.2/redhat/redhat-9/postgresql
> >-7.4.2-1PGDG.i386.rpm
> >
> >Instead of this, what about removing the package from the link; so that
> >people can see the directory structure and download all packages?
> >i.e
> >http://www.postgresql.org/ftpsite/binary/v7.4.2/redhat/redhat-9/

It's been discussed in the past and the decision basically came down against
it.  We link to the "one true package" in order to reduce complexity for the
end users....

Robert Treat

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 15:13, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Oh, Robert, you own index.php and it has 644, so I could not overwrite it
> :( 664 is enough for me (or could you please copy index2.php to
> index.php?)

I'm getting horrendous diffs when looking at the two versions... can you
see what's going on with that?

Robert Treat

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 23 March 2004 15:13, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> Oh, Robert, you own index.php and it has 644, so I could not overwrite it
>
> :( 664 is enough for me (or could you please copy index2.php to
>
> index.php?)

I've updated index.php, but cant delete index2.php cause you have it 644 :-)

anyone remember the hot command to make cvs pulls set a different umask? seems
i've work it out before but dont seem to recall the specifics...

Robert Treat

Re: Advocacy Downloads out of date

От
Devrim GUNDUZ