Обсуждение: New Event

New Event

От
www@www.postgresql.com (World Wide Web Owner)
Дата:
A new entry has been added to the events database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_event.php?173

Submitted by: pgman@candle.pha.pa.us
Event: PostgreSQL Bootcamp at the Big Nerd Ranch
Another week-long PostgreSQL training class is scheduled for this February in Atlanta.

Details:

Bruce Momjian will be prsenting his third week-long PostgreSQL training class at the Big Nerd Ranch in Atlanta,
Georgia. The class covers all aspects of database administration, tuning, SQL, and programming.  For more information,
see:

 http://www.bignerdranch.com/Classes/Postgresql.html

Re: New Event

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Thanks, approved for inclusion on the site.

Regards Dave.

Re: New Event

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Thanks, approved for inclusion on the site.

Regards Dave.

Re: New Event

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Thanks, approved for inclusion on the site.

Regards Dave.

Дата:
Would someone please update the date of this event to November 19th?
Thanks.

Also, the Brazil events had a two-month timespan.  In the future, I
think we are better off putting the specific training days rather than a
long range like that.

Dave Page wrote:
> Thanks, approved for inclusion on the site.
>
> Regards Dave.

Someone already has by the look of it.

> Also, the Brazil events had a two-month timespan.  In the
> future, I think we are better off putting the specific
> training days rather than a long range like that.

The code only handles a start and end date. If we limit that, all I see
happening is dbExperts submitting lots of individual events. I don't
immediately see a sensible way of allowing a number of individual dates
to be submitted without vastly complicating the code.

Regards, Dave.

Re: New Event

> > Would someone please update the date of this event to November 19th?
> > Thanks.
>
> Someone already has by the look of it.

Not really --- I see a date in the detail, but not on the main page:

    PostgreSQL Talk in Philadelphia
-->    Date
    Posted by pgman@candle.pha.pa.us
    Bruce Momjian will be presenting an introductory talk about PostgreSQL
    at Drexel University in Philadelphia.

Perhaps this is because it is only a single day.

> > Also, the Brazil events had a two-month timespan.  In the
> > future, I think we are better off putting the specific
> > training days rather than a long range like that.
>
> The code only handles a start and end date. If we limit that, all I see
> happening is dbExperts submitting lots of individual events. I don't
> immediately see a sensible way of allowing a number of individual dates
> to be submitted without vastly complicating the code.

Oh, OK.  I thought it was just an event in September and another in
November and they just put in one entry.  Is there enough interest that
they have a two-month event?

Re: New Event

Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > Also, the Brazil events had a two-month timespan.  In the
> > > future, I think we are better off putting the specific
> > > training days rather than a long range like that.
> >
> > The code only handles a start and end date. If we limit that, all I see
> > happening is dbExperts submitting lots of individual events. I don't
> > immediately see a sensible way of allowing a number of individual dates
> > to be submitted without vastly complicating the code.
>
> Oh, OK.  I thought it was just an event in September and another in
> November and they just put in one entry.  Is there enough interest that
> they have a two-month event?

Also, the dbexperts text is duplicated in the detail:

dbExperts will be offering another set of classes on PostgreSQL in Sco
--
dbExperts will be offering another set of classes on PostgreSQL in Sco
Paulo, Brazil. There will be Introductory, Basic and Advanced training,
and language-related classes, including PHP and Delphi. More information
and reservations on http://www.dbexperts.com.br/treinamento

Re: New Event

Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > Also, the Brazil events had a two-month timespan.  In the
> > > future, I think we are better off putting the specific
> > > training days rather than a long range like that.
> >
> > The code only handles a start and end date. If we limit that, all I see
> > happening is dbExperts submitting lots of individual events. I don't
> > immediately see a sensible way of allowing a number of individual dates
> > to be submitted without vastly complicating the code.
>
> Oh, OK.  I thought it was just an event in September and another in
> November and they just put in one entry.  Is there enough interest that
> they have a two-month event?

Wow, I see they do have lots of classes. Nice.

    http://www.dbexperts.com.br/treinamento

Re: New Event

От
"Dave Page"