Обсуждение: Bounce test

Bounce test

От
"Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)"
Дата:
I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
appreciate it.

Sincerely, Dean

All other mail to my list address __MAY__ bounce.

Re: Bounce test

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Monday 25 February 2008 7:13 pm, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
> I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
> messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
> doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> Sincerely, Dean
Test
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Bounce test

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Monday 25 February 2008 7:13 pm, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
> I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
> messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
> doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> Sincerely, Dean
It bounced.
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Bounce test

Дата:
Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:
> On Monday 25 February 2008 7:13 pm, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
>> I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
>> messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
>> doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
>> appreciate it.

> It bounced.

The OP should note that this is a good way to get shunned on these lists.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Bounce test

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:
>  > On Monday 25 February 2008 7:13 pm, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
>  >> I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
>  >> messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
>  >> doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
>  >> appreciate it.
>
>  > It bounced.
>
>  The OP should note that this is a good way to get shunned on these lists.

In his defense, he's trying to fix the issue.

Re: Bounce test

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
had to dig it outta the trash.  Hit reply (there was no reply all) and
it looks like it's going to the right place, pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
(someone who hates top posting in technical discussions, but admits
there's time, like these, when it makes perfect sense... :)

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)
<postgresql@ultimeth.com> wrote:
> I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
>  messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
>  doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
>  appreciate it.

Re: Bounce test

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Monday 25 February 2008 7:13 pm, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
>  > I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
>  > messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
>  > doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
>  > appreciate it.
>  >
>  > Sincerely, Dean
>  Test

So, your email client puts Dean's email address back in?  Might I ask
what option you chose?  And if you have more than one?  On gmail
there's the reply link only.

Re: Bounce test

От
Colin Wetherbee
Дата:
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On Monday 25 February 2008 7:13 pm, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
>>  > I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
>>  > messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
>>  > doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message, I'd
>>  > appreciate it.
>>  >
>>  > Sincerely, Dean
>>  Test
>
> So, your email client puts Dean's email address back in?  Might I ask
> what option you chose?  And if you have more than one?  On gmail
> there's the reply link only.

FWIW, if I hit "reply all" on the OP, the only address Thunderbird fills
is pgsql-sql@postgresql.org.  Seems "reply-to" works.

Colin

Re: Bounce test

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Monday 25 February 2008 7:32 pm, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
> > On Monday 25 February 2008 7:13 pm, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) wrote:
> >  > I have changed something in my eMail client regarding receiving
> >  > messages.  If a couple people (who don't mind getting bounces if this
> >  > doesn't work) would just "Reply" and/or "Reply All" to this message,
> >  > I'd appreciate it.
> >  >
> >  > Sincerely, Dean
> >
> >  Test
>
> So, your email client puts Dean's email address back in?  Might I ask
> what option you chose?  And if you have more than one?  On gmail
> there's the reply link only.

I hit Reply All which sends to the list and to the OP. Same as this reply.
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Bounce test

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
>  > So, your email client puts Dean's email address back in?  Might I ask
>  > what option you chose?  And if you have more than one?  On gmail
>  > there's the reply link only.
>  >
>  I hit Reply All which sends to the list and to the OP. Same as this reply.

weird.  what client are you using?

Re: Bounce test

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On Monday 25 February 2008 8:07 pm, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> wrote:
> >  > So, your email client puts Dean's email address back in?  Might I ask
> >  > what option you chose?  And if you have more than one?  On gmail
> >  > there's the reply link only.
> >
> >  I hit Reply All which sends to the list and to the OP. Same as this
> > reply.
>
> weird.  what client are you using?

Kmail. I get four options Reply,Reply To Mailing-List (which both send to the
mailing list only), Reply To Author , Reply All (send to author and mailing
list). As I understand it Dean is trying to deal with the case where a reply
is sent to his list address directly which happens with Reply All.
--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net