Обсуждение: Crosstab limitation...

Crosstab limitation...

От
"ronald tabada"
Дата:
Good day... I'm new in postgresql and I used PostgreSQL 8.2. I tried<br />generating a query that can convert rows into
columns.I was<br />happy when I discovered the crosstab function. But when I tried<br />producing reports with more
Howcan I use crosstab w/ more than 17 columns? <br />

Re: Crosstab limitation...

Дата:
"ronald tabada" <rtabada@gmail.com> writes:
> ... when I tried
> producing reports with more than 17 columns it displayed the following
> error message:

> ERROR: invalid return type
> SQL state: 42601
> Detail: Query-specified return tuple has 39 columns but crosstab returns 17.

Worksforme.  Maybe you need to show us exactly what you did.
        regards, tom lane