Обсуждение: Backup Database

Backup Database

От
Joanne Salerno
Дата:
I have two Postgres databases (7.4 and 8.24) within the same network on
LINUX platforms. Data sources go to both databases.

I'd like to set up one as a near real-time backup to the operational
database.  Is it possible to incorporate a trigger upon update (or
insert) on the operational 8.24 database to initiate an update (or
insert) on the backup 7.4 database?

How do most people set up a near real-time backup database?  Perhaps
there is something else that acts like a trigger.  Any suggestions would
be helpful.

Thanks.  Joanne

Re: Backup Database

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:14:33AM -0700, Joanne Salerno wrote:
> I'd like to set up one as a near real-time backup to the operational
> database.  Is it possible to incorporate a trigger upon update (or
> insert) on the operational 8.24 database to initiate an update (or
> insert) on the backup 7.4 database?

You can do this with Slony, assuming nothing else needs to be written
(on the replicated tables) into the 7.4 system.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Never get involved in litigation. Your hair will fall out, your bones
will turn to sand.  And it will still be going on.    --Tom Waits

Re: Backup Database

От
"Asko Oja"
Дата:
Hi

We do it with Skytools. In addition to replication with Londiste it hs lot's of other useful scripts for keeping online database small and healthy.

Asko

               http://archives.postgresql.org