Обсуждение: Any documatation about porting from Oracle to PostgreSQL

Any documatation about porting from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От
"Felix Zhang"
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm a newbie of PostgreSQL. I'm searching materials about porting from Oracle to PostgreSQL.
Anyone can share with me some good documatations?

Thanks and regards,
Felix

Re: [GENERAL] Any documatation about porting from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От
Andreas Kretschmer
Дата:
Felix Zhang <felix.zhang.2005@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie of PostgreSQL. I'm searching materials about porting from Oracle
> to PostgreSQL.
> Anyone can share with me some good documatations?

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

Re: [GENERAL] Any documatation about porting from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От
"A. Kretschmer"
Дата:
am  Tue, dem 17.10.2006, um 10:44:52 +0200 mailte Thomas Kellerer folgendes:
> On 17.10.2006 10:36 Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> >
> >http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom
> >

> I just noticed that the link "Porting from Oracle PL/SQL" still points
> to the 7.4 manuals. Shouldn't that be updated to point to the current
> release?
>
> And the link "Ora2Pg - Oracle to PostgreSQL database schema converter"
>
> (http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ora2pg/ora2pg.html)
>
> gives a 404 error.

Sorry.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer
Kontakt:  Heynitz: 035242/47215,   D1: 0160/7141639 (mehr: -> Header)

Re: [GENERAL] Any documatation about porting from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От
Lewis Cunningham
Дата:
Felix,

You might want to look at EnterpriseDB, which is PostgreSQL with
Oracle compatibility extensions.

www.enterprisedb.com

LewisC

--- Felix Zhang <felix.zhang.2005@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie of PostgreSQL. I'm searching materials about porting
> from
> Oracle to PostgreSQL.
> Anyone can share with me some good documatations?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Felix

Lewis R Cunningham

ItToolBox Blog: An Expert's Guide to Oracle
http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/oracle/guide/

EnterpriseDB: The Definitive Reference
http://www.rampant-books.com/book_2007_1_enterprisedb.htm

Re: [GENERAL] Any documatation about porting from Oracle to PostgreSQL

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 17 October 2006 05:36, A. Kretschmer wrote:
> am  Tue, dem 17.10.2006, um 10:44:52 +0200 mailte Thomas Kellerer folgendes:
> > On 17.10.2006 10:36 Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> > >http://techdocs.postgresql.org/#convertfrom
> >
> > I just noticed that the link "Porting from Oracle PL/SQL" still points
> > to the 7.4 manuals. Shouldn't that be updated to point to the current
> > release?
> >
> > And the link "Ora2Pg - Oracle to PostgreSQL database schema converter"
> >
> > (http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://www.samse.fr/GPL/or
> >a2pg/ora2pg.html)
> >
> > gives a 404 error.
>
> Sorry.

Not your fault...  the whole techdocs site really needs to go away but the pg
webmasters haven't gotten around to it (mostly me in this particular case)

Felix, in case your still watching, a (in theory) more up to date link would
be found at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/techdocs.3. Oh, and please don't
crosspost across 3 different lists in the future, it just creates noise for
the rest of us.

--
Robert Treat