Обсуждение: Convert int to hex

Convert int to hex

От
Fernando Grijalba
Дата:
I want to be able to change an int4 from a sequence and store it as
varchar in the database as a hex number.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Fernando

Re: Convert int to hex

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Fernando Grijalba wrote:
> I want to be able to change an int4 from a sequence and store it as
> varchar in the database as a hex number.
>
> Is this possible?

Try the to_hex() function - in the "Functions and operators" chapter of
the manual - "Strings" section.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

Re: Convert int to hex

От
Fernando Grijalba
Дата:
Thank you, I found out after I posted the message.

I did read the docs but must have looked somewhere else and I search
the lists for hex only and it did not bring the answer back.  It
wasn't until I search for int4 to hex that I was able to find the
answer.

Thank you again.

Fernando

On 6/1/05, Tony Wasson <ajwasson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/1/05, Fernando Grijalba <fgrijalba@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I want to be able to change an int4 from a sequence and store it as
> > varchar in the database as a hex number.
> >
> > Is this possible?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Fernando
>
> Sure you can go from integer to hex and back...
> http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/104.php
>
> Here's the example queries to get you started.
>
>    =# select to_hex(11);
>     to_hex
>    --------
>    (1 row)
>
>    =# select x'ab'::integer;
>     int4
>    ------
>      171
>    (1 row)

Re: Convert int to hex

От
"Ramakrishnan Muralidharan"
Дата:
Hi,
 You can use to_hex() function to convert integer to hexa number. I have tried with a small example.

create table testing( id int4 , sHex varchar( 20 ) )

insert into testing( id ) values( 204678 );
insert into testing( id ) values( 2076876 );

update testing set sHex = ( cast( to_hex( id ) as varchar( 20 ) ) )

select * from testing

Id     | shex
-------|------
204678 | 31f86
2076876| 1fb0cc

Regards,
R.Muralidharan

I want to be able to change an int4 from a sequence and store it as
varchar in the database as a hex number.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Fernando

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster