Обсуждение: search facilities

search facilities

От
"Martin Kuria"
Дата:
Hi,
I have a content management system, for my database driven website developed
using php and postgresql but I don't know how to develop a search facility
for it.

How do I go about it?.

I have seen database driven website developed using php and postgresql and
they have their built search facilities where can I learn to develop my
customized search facility please do advice.

Kind Regards

| Martin W. Kuria (Mr.) martin.kuria@unon.org

DateDiff in PostgreSQL

От
"George A.J"
Дата:
functionlike the DateDiff() in MSSQL Server. <p>ie, a function that returns difference of two dates(timestamp) in days
AddressGuard</a>

Re: DateDiff in PostgreSQL

От
Tomasz Myrta
Дата:
Dnia 2003-11-07 14:34, Użytkownik George A.J napisał:
> Hi,
>
> i am converting a MSSQL Server database to PostgreSQL.
>
> Using PostgreSQL version 7.3.2.
>
> Is there any function like the DateDiff() in MSSQL Server.
>
> ie, a function that returns difference of two dates(timestamp) in days
> or months or year..
>
> The - operator for timestamp retuns the intervel in days only.

1. You can convert timestamps to dates and then substract them. The
result will be days::integer.

2. Interval result is not a problem - you can extract epoch from it. The
result is seconds::integer - do whatever you want with it.

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta

Re: DateDiff in PostgreSQL

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
> ie, a function that returns difference of two dates(timestamp) in days
> or months or year..
>
> The - operator for timestamp retuns the intervel in days only.

rbt=# select extract('days' from current_timestamp -
'2003-01-01'::timestamp);date_part
-----------      310
(1 row)

Re: search facilities

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Check contrib/tsearch2 and http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2
for documentation
Oleg
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Martin Kuria wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a content management system, for my database driven website developed
> using php and postgresql but I don't know how to develop a search facility
> for it.
>
> How do I go about it?.
>
> I have seen database driven website developed using php and postgresql and
> they have their built search facilities where can I learn to develop my
> customized search facility please do advice.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> +-----------------------------------------------------+
> | Martin W. Kuria (Mr.) martin.kuria@unon.org

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: search facilities

От
George Essig
Дата:
Download the latest version of PostgreSQL and look in the contrib/tsearch or contrib/tsearch2
directories.  For documentation, see:

http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/

George Essig

I have a content management system, for my database driven website
developed
using php and postgresql but I don't know how to develop a search
facility
for it.

How do I go about it?.

I have seen database driven website developed using php and postgresql
and
they have their built search facilities where can I learn to develop my
customized search facility please do advice.

Kind Regards

| Martin W. Kuria (Mr.) martin.kuria@unon.org

Re: DateDiff in PostgreSQL

От
Yasir Malik
Дата:
Hi,
You can use the age() function to find the difference between dates, and
use the extract() function to get the years, months, days, etc.
Yasir

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, George A.J wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 05:34:09 -0800 (PST)
> From: George A.J <jinujosein@yahoo.com>
> To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
> Subject: [SQL] DateDiff in PostgreSQL
>

> Hi,
>
> i am converting a MSSQL Server database to PostgreSQL.
>
> Using PostgreSQL version 7.3.2.
>
> Is there any function like the DateDiff() in MSSQL Server.
>
> ie, a function that returns difference of two dates(timestamp) in days or months or year..
>
> The - operator for timestamp retuns the intervel in days only.
>
> Please help
>
> jinujose

Re: search facilities

От
"Martin Kuria"
Дата:
Bartunov, Thanks alot for you reply, please clarify for me something; I have
a database driven website developed using php and postgresql database, can I
use tsearch facility and customize it to search my database driven website
like how postgresql.org is search please do advice thanks again