Обсуждение: Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram

Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram

От
"Wilson A. Galafassi Jr."
Дата:
Hello.
I have this problem: i'm running the postgre 7.3 on a windows 2000 server with  P3 1GHZ DUAL/1gb ram with good performance. For best performance i have change the server for a  XEON 2.4/1gb ram and for  my suprise the performance decrease 80%. anybody have a similar experience? does exist any special configuration to postgre running on a Xeon processor? Any have any idea to help-me? Excuse-me my bad english.
Very Thanks
Wilson
icq 77032308
msn wgalafassijr@hotmail.com

Re: [GENERAL] Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram

От
Martijn van Oosterhout
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:50:38AM -0300, Wilson A. Galafassi Jr. wrote:
> Hello.

> I have this problem: i'm running the postgre 7.3 on a windows 2000 server
> with P3 1GHZ DUAL/1gb ram with good performance. For best performance i
> have change the server for a XEON 2.4/1gb ram and for my suprise the
> performance decrease 80%. anybody have a similar experience? does exist
> any special configuration to postgre running on a Xeon processor? Any have
> any idea to help-me? Excuse-me my bad english.

I assume you've done the vacuums, analyze, configured the wal and shmem
option appropriate for that size machine.

But in any case, without specific examples about what you're seeing we can't
help you.