Обсуждение: pg_vlock / vacuum

pg_vlock / vacuum

От
"David M. Richter"
Дата:
Hello!

Ive got that message:

psql -c vacuum

NOTICE:  LockRelease: locktable lookup failed, no lock
ERROR:  Can't create lock file.  Is another vacuum cleaner running?
        If not, you may remove the pg_vlock file in the
/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/chili
        directory

Whats about this?
We are using Suse Linux 7.3 with postgres 6.5.3.

I cannot see a file named pg_vlock in that directory!

Did anyone of You got the same message?
Any experiences with pg_vlock?
What is pg_vlock exactly doing?

I will thankful appreciate every hint!

DAvid
Вложения

Re: pg_vlock / vacuum

Дата:
"David M. Richter" <d.richter@dkfz-heidelberg.de> writes:
> We are using Suse Linux 7.3 with postgres 6.5.3.

6.5.3?  Run, do not walk, to your nearest FTP server and get an update.

> I cannot see a file named pg_vlock in that directory!

Possibly restarting the postmaster would get you out of trouble.

However, the list of bugs fixed since 6.5.* is longer than you
really want to know about.  Please update ASAP.
        regards, tom lane