Обсуждение: Design Tool for postgresql

Design Tool for postgresql

От
Janning Vygen
Дата:
Does anybody know a good design tool for PostgreSQL and Linux?

I tried Dezign from datanamic and its quite good, but its only for
windows.

i found dbdesigner for KDE but its still in beta. you cant even save
projects.

Any other solutions out there??

janning

--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions
Herzogstraße 86

fon 0211-6015919
fax 0211-6015917
http://www.planwerk6.de

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
Christopher Sawtell
Дата:
On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:58, Janning Vygen wrote:
> Does anybody know a good design tool for PostgreSQL and Linux?

Looked at this one?

http://www.thekompany.com/products/dataarchitect/

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
Janning Vygen
Дата:
Am Dienstag,  6. November 2001 22:06 schrieb Christopher Sawtell:
> On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:58, Janning Vygen wrote:
> > Does anybody know a good design tool for PostgreSQL and Linux?
>
> Looked at this one?
>
> http://www.thekompany.com/products/dataarchitect/

looks fine! but the webpage doesnt tell me what features are already
implemented. but i trust in screenshots! so i will give it a try.

Thanks.

Janning
--
Planwerk 6 /websolutions
Herzogstraße 86
40215 Düsseldorf

fon 0211-6015919
fax 0211-6015917
http://www.planwerk6.de

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"fstelpstra@yahoo.com"
Дата:
Hi probably not the best solution, but free: dia and dia2postgres.
have you tried pgaccess?

Janning Vygen wrote:

> Does anybody know a good design tool for PostgreSQL and Linux?
>
> I tried Dezign from datanamic and its quite good, but its only for
> windows.
>
> i found dbdesigner for KDE but its still in beta. you cant even save
> projects.
>
> Any other solutions out there??
>
> janning

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"Tille, Andreas"
Дата:
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, fstelpstra@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi probably not the best solution, but free: dia and dia2postgres.
Hmm, there are only links to postgres 2 dia on  http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php
and even this link is broken :-(.

Kind regards
        Andreas.

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"fstelpstra@yahoo.com"
Дата:
Hi Andreas,

dia2sql can be found at http://www.karyopse.de/dia2sql/.
(found the site via freshmeat)

Kind regards
Freek

Tille, Andreas wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, fstelpstra@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Hi probably not the best solution, but free: dia and dia2postgres.
> Hmm, there are only links to postgres 2 dia on
>    http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php
> and even this link is broken :-(.
>
> Kind regards
>
>          Andreas.

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"Tille, Andreas"
Дата:
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, fstelpstra@yahoo.com wrote:

> dia2sql can be found at http://www.karyopse.de/dia2sql/.
> (found the site via freshmeat)
Thanks I found i well but forgot to post it.  I just wanted to say
that the link is broken.  Moreover it seems to be a different project
than the one linked in

> Tille, Andreas wrote:
> > Hmm, there are only links to postgres 2 dia on
> >    http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php
> > and even this link is broken :-(.

techdocs.

And, if we are at it:  Anybody found out how to create such tables in
dia.  I just tried the Sybase "topic" (what´s the right term here)
in the toolbox but only found symbols for a Server and some graphical
things but I did not found out how to create such tables.

Kind regards
       Andreas.

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"fstelpstra@yahoo.com"
Дата:
Hi Andreas,

1) just checked the link: for me it works. If you want i can mail you the
script.
2) (Anybody found out how to create such tables in dia.) Yes read the html
page: use uml mode.

Kind regards,
freek

Tille, Andreas wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, fstelpstra@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> dia2sql can be found at http://www.karyopse.de/dia2sql/.
>> (found the site via freshmeat)
> Thanks I found i well but forgot to post it.  I just wanted to say
> that the link is broken.  Moreover it seems to be a different project
> than the one linked in
>
>> Tille, Andreas wrote:
>> > Hmm, there are only links to postgres 2 dia on
>> >    http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php
>> > and even this link is broken :-(.
>
> techdocs.
>
> And, if we are at it:  Anybody found out how to create such tables in
> dia.  I just tried the Sybase "topic" (what´s the right term here)
> in the toolbox but only found symbols for a Server and some graphical
> things but I did not found out how to create such tables.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.

> http://archives.postgresql.org

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"Tille, Andreas"
Дата:
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, fstelpstra@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> 1) just checked the link: for me it works. If you want i can mail you the
> script.
Well the link is working now.  Just the script is brocken  postgresql_autodoc_0.13.tar.gz   has only  194 bytes )

> 2) (Anybody found out how to create such tables in dia.) Yes read the html
> page: use uml mode.
I´ll check that.

Thanks
       Andreas.

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"fstelpstra@yahoo.com"
Дата:
Hi Andreas,

ls -l dia2sql-1.2.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 freek    users        6048 Nov  7 21:47 dia2sql-1.2.tar.gz
tar ztvf dia2sql-1.2.tar.gz
drwxrwxr-x talex/talex       0 2001-03-20 01:14:32 dia2sql-1.2/
-rwxr-xr-x talex/talex   10235 2001-03-20 01:14:30 dia2sql-1.2/dia2sql.pl
-rw-rw-r-- talex/talex    2124 2001-03-20 00:52:39 dia2sql-1.2/README
-rw-rw-r-- talex/talex   21057 2001-03-20 00:49:00 dia2sql-1.2/example.dia
-rw-rw-r-- talex/talex     732 2001-03-20 00:38:45 dia2sql-1.2/CHANGES
-rw-rw-r-- talex/talex     247 2001-03-20 00:54:16 dia2sql-1.2/TODO

Tille, Andreas wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, fstelpstra@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> 1) just checked the link: for me it works. If you want i can mail you the
>> script.
> Well the link is working now.  Just the script is brocken
>    postgresql_autodoc_0.13.tar.gz   has only  194 bytes )
>
>> 2) (Anybody found out how to create such tables in dia.) Yes read the
>> html page: use uml mode.
> I´ll check that.
>
> Thanks
>
>         Andreas.

Re: Design Tool for postgresql

От
"Tille, Andreas"
Дата:
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, fstelpstra@yahoo.com wrote:

> ls -l dia2sql-1.2.tar.gz
Please do not ignore my mails.  I really know that there is dia2sql, I´ve got
it and it is fine!!

But there is a link at  http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php

which is *different* from dia2sql (well it should be added there for sure
but it is not) which was not working when I did my first posting.  It
leads now to the page
  http://www.zort.ca/postgresql/

which is working now and *now* are also the source files available
(even for PostgreSQL 7.2!!).  But it was not before.  Thanks to the
author who fixed it now and just to inform you that you can try now
the software.

Kind regards
     Andreas.