Обсуждение: About i8n

About i8n

От
David BOURIAUD
Дата:
Hi the list !
I principally use postgres with php, but I think that for my question,
it remains the same... Is there a way to have all error messages
returned by the back-end translated into french or another language ? If
so, how to set it up ? Thanks by advance.
--
David BOURIAUD
In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have

Re: About i8n

От
jdassen@cistron.nl (J.H.M. Dassen (Ray))
Дата:
David BOURIAUD <david.bouriaud@ac-rouen.fr> wrote:
> Is there a way to have all error messages returned by the back-end
> translated into french or another language ?

http://www.de.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/nls.html

HTH,
Ray
--
AJ: Geeez, Erwin. He wasn't even ARMED.
Erwin: I don't care. I have lots of ammo and he was wearing a TIE.http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20010209

Re: Re: About i8n

От
David BOURIAUD
Дата:
"J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" wrote:

> David BOURIAUD <david.bouriaud@ac-rouen.fr> wrote:
> > Is there a way to have all error messages returned by the back-end
> > translated into french or another language ?
>
> http://www.de.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/nls.html
Thanks, but it doesn't help in any way ! It tells how to have a client
program have nls support, but not postgres ! I'm running postgreSQL
v7.1.2, and neither found any *.po, *.mo or *.mk files in the tree
directory of either the sources or the bianries. Furthermore, when I
type gmake init-op, gmake complains that there is no rule to make
init-po. Well, well, well, not so good. By the way, I can speak english,
so it's not a problem for me, but I think of my users ! Thanks again,
for I learned something consulting theses pages anyway.
--
David BOURIAUD
In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have
for windows or gates ?
ICQ#102562021

Re: Re: About i8n

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
David BOURIAUD writes:

> "J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)" wrote:
> >
> > David BOURIAUD <david.bouriaud@ac-rouen.fr> wrote:
> > > Is there a way to have all error messages returned by the back-end
> > > translated into french or another language ?
> >
> > http://www.de.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/postgres/nls.html
> Thanks, but it doesn't help in any way ! It tells how to have a client
> program have nls support, but not postgres !

Sure it does.

> I'm running postgreSQL v7.1.2,

NLS won't appear until 7.2, but you are invited to help.

Re: Re: About i8n

От
David BOURIAUD
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> David BOURIAUD writes:
>

> > I'm running postgreSQL v7.1.2,
>
> NLS won't appear until 7.2, but you are invited to help.

Since you seems to be much involved with postgreSQL developement, I send
you this mail not as a question, but as a request ! I'd like to help,
for sure, but unfortunately, I don't have access to cvs. I mean, it is
installed on my linux box, but I am behind a firewall and at least 3
proxies, and so, it doesn't work. Anyway, if I could help to translate
postgres messages into french, send me the po file(s) and I'll do my
best. As for developping, I'm already involved in a project concerning
postgreSQL. I will launch it this summer. It consists in a KDE2 app that
would allow a user to type a select request in, so as to have a pdf file
produced automatically. I've already contacted pdflib team, and they
told me that as far as I don't change their code, it's OK... But don't
send me e-mail concerning this project (to give me help or so on), for
it won't be started until jully/august and won't be downloadable until
september, at least (I say this for the person from the list, not for
you directly). Anyway, I will need help to know which classes can be
used, and how to use them.... But it will be for later.

--
David BOURIAUD
In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have
for windows or gates ?
ICQ#102562021

Re: Re: About i8n

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
David BOURIAUD writes:

> Since you seems to be much involved with postgreSQL developement, I send
> you this mail not as a question, but as a request ! I'd like to help,
> for sure, but unfortunately, I don't have access to cvs.

You can get nightly snapshot tarballs from a mirror near you, e.g.,

ftp://ftp.fr.postgresql.org/pub/dev/postgresql-snapshot.tar.gz

Right now you can look at src/bin/psql and src/backend/po for translatable
message catalogs.  Others will follow sometime.