Обсуждение: plperl

plperl

От
clayton cottingham
hello:

how does one execute an sql statement from inside a plperl function?

Re: plperl

Дата:
clayton cottingham <drfrog@smartt.com> writes:
> how does one execute an sql statement from inside a plperl function?

At the moment, one doesn't.

This is one of a number of features that have to be finished before
plperl can be classed as more than a proof-of-concept exercise.
However, Mark Hollomon seems to have lost interest or time to work on
it, and no one else has picked up the ball.  Any volunteers out there?
        regards, tom lane

Re: plperl

От
Jie Liang
Дата:
As I know, plperl doesn't support that yet.
plpgsql does, so does pltcl.

Jie LIANG

St. Bernard Software

10350 Science Center Drive
Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92121
Office:(858)320-4873

jliang@ipinc.com
www.stbernard.com
www.ipinc.com

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, clayton cottingham wrote:

> hello:
>
> how does one execute an sql statement from inside a plperl function?

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: plperl

От
"Clayton Cottingham aka drfrog"
Дата:
Time Co-Ordinate Tue, 05 Jun 2001 19:45:55 -0400, The Organism labeled Tom Lane
said:

> clayton cottingham <drfrog@smartt.com> writes:
>  > how does one execute an sql statement from inside a plperl function?
>
>  At the moment, one doesn't.
>
>  This is one of a number of features that have to be finished before
>  plperl can be classed as more than a proof-of-concept exercise.
>  However, Mark Hollomon seems to have lost interest or time to work on
>  it, and no one else has picked up the ball.  Any volunteers out there?
>
>              regards, tom lane

just looked  at the code

i wish i could say yes
but it looks way beyond my level