Обсуждение: Concerns about the OID

Concerns about the OID

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,
I'm made rather extensive use of PGSQL's universal OID in my database
design.  However, now that I'm building the interface for my first
transaction datbase in PGSQL, I'm concerned about a couple of things:

1. Has anyone experienced any performance problems relating
tables/classes via OID?

2. Can I add an index on OIDs for a particular table?

3. Int4 seems sort of small for a number that has to uniquely identify
every object in the database.  Are there plans to expand the OID to
Int8?

-Josh

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete