Обсуждение: Tool for generating entity relation diagrams.

Tool for generating entity relation diagrams.

От
"GrooveRipper"
Дата:
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-ansi-language:
EN-GB">Is there such a tool out there. I would like to generate such a diagram starting from my sql statements I use to
size="2"><spanstyle="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-ansi-language:
class="EmailStyle15"><fontcolor="black" face="Arial" size="2"><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-ansi-language:
size="2"><spanstyle="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;mso-ansi-language:

RE: Tool for generating entity relation diagrams.

От
"Ansley, Michael"
Дата:
>> Is there such a tool out there. I would like to generate such a diagram
>> starting from my sql statements I use to create my database.
>> They call it reverse enginering if I'm not mistaking.

Yes, there are tools available to do this.  I'm not aware of any adequate
open source tools (scope for a new project here), but commercially there are
packages like ERWin, ERStudio, and others.  If you perform a web search on
these two names, you will probably come up with others.  Be warned, however,
they are not cheap.

MikeA

Re: [SQL] RE: Tool for generating entity relation diagrams.

От
John Reynolds
Дата:
You could try TCM  ftp://ftp.cs.vu.nl/pub/tcm . I ain't had the to use it but
it seems to be good

john

"Ansley, Michael" wrote:

> >> Is there such a tool out there. I would like to generate such a diagram
> >> starting from my sql statements I use to create my database.
> >> They call it reverse enginering if I'm not mistaking.
>
> Yes, there are tools available to do this.  I'm not aware of any adequate
> open source tools (scope for a new project here), but commercially there are
> packages like ERWin, ERStudio, and others.  If you perform a web search on
> these two names, you will probably come up with others.  Be warned, however,
> they are not cheap.
>
> MikeA

"There are no kernel hackers in Ireland. They spend all their time in the pub"
Alan Cox