Обсуждение: excel vs. money data type?

excel vs. money data type?

От
Leslie Mikesell
Дата:
Is there any way to get a pgsql MONEY data type into excel (office 95 version)
using the odbc driver?  I can see the values in the preview doing the
query but they come in as zeros when I click the 'Return Data to
Microsoft Excel' menu.  I can get them in Access and export the table
to an Excel file but I want a canned query that someone else can
run using only Excel.

  Les Mikesell
   les@mcs.com

Re: [SQL] excel vs. money data type?

От
David Hartwig
Дата:
This sounds like a bug I came across a while ago.   Since then, I abandon money in
favor of float.   I suspect it has to do with the leading "$" and the a conversion
to a number.   It looks like it has slipped through the proverbial crack.   In any
case, it will be about a week until this can be addressed.

Leslie Mikesell wrote:

> Is there any way to get a pgsql MONEY data type into excel (office 95 version)
> using the odbc driver?  I can see the values in the preview doing the
> query but they come in as zeros when I click the 'Return Data to
> Microsoft Excel' menu.  I can get them in Access and export the table
> to an Excel file but I want a canned query that someone else can
> run using only Excel.

Re: [SQL] excel vs. money data type?

От
Leslie Mikesell
Дата:
According to David Hartwig:

> This sounds like a bug I came across a while ago.   Since then, I abandon money in
> favor of float.   I suspect it has to do with the leading "$" and the a conversion
> to a number.   It looks like it has slipped through the proverbial crack.   In any
> case, it will be about a week until this can be addressed.

Thank you.  The weird thing is that the numbers show up in the preview as you
build the query, and access gets the values (but loses the money formatting).  It
is only the 'return to excel' step that loses the numbers.

  Les Mikesell
   les@mcs.com