Обсуждение: Problem in Grant and Revoke Query

Problem in Grant and Revoke Query

От
root
Дата:
Hi
I am not able to  set permission using Grant and Revoke
I tried t o revoke all permission  from a table , but unfortunately
other users are able to make query on the table
Please give me more details on Grant and Revoke usage with few examples
Thanku

Re: [SQL] Problem in Grant and Revoke Query

От
James Olin Oden
Дата:
> Hi
> I am not able to  set permission using Grant and Revoke
> I tried t o revoke all permission  from a table , but unfortunately
> other users are able to make query on the table
> Please give me more details on Grant and Revoke usage with few examples

Two questons:

   1)  Who owns the database in which you revoked the privlidges?  Is that
user the one you were logged in as when you revoked the privlidges.
   2)  Could you send the exact SQL statement you typed to do this?
Perhaps there is something wrong in it.

...james

> Thanku

Re: [SQL] Problem in Grant and Revoke Query

От
"G.Elangovan "
Дата:
Let me explain the exact scenario
My project group owns the database ownership,  as a project member i am
having permission to createuser , createdatabase and destroy(user and
database).
I tested the database in this way
database name is : mydb
table name is    : ptable
database owner is : project-team
query is     : revoke all on ptable from public
          revoke  all on ptable from group
            and similraly for grant query
my query is to grant and revoke permission on "ptable" as owner
(project-team) and access thro my user account.
I am able to access database thro my account
Problem is
The grant and revoke is not working as expected.
I hope u got the exact idea about my problem

Thanku for ur reply and expecting friendship from u + reply for this