Обсуждение: problem with logging into commitfest site

problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Szymon Guz
Дата:
Hi,
I've changed my password for postgresql.org, I can login there, but I cannot login to the commitfest website, using the same login and password of course.

thanks,
Szymon

Re: problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 06/17/2013 11:03 AM, Szymon Guz wrote:
> Hi,
> I've changed my password for postgresql.org, I can login there, but I
> cannot login to the commitfest website, using the same login and password
> of course.
>
> thanks,
> Szymon

Can someone help Szymon?

mabewlun@gmail.com

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Magnus Hagander

On Jun 17, 2013 8:05 PM, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> On 06/17/2013 11:03 AM, Szymon Guz wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've changed my password for postgresql.org, I can login there, but I
> > cannot login to the commitfest website, using the same login and password
> > of course.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Szymon
>
> Can someone help Szymon?
>
> mabewlun@gmail.com

Not without a full report of what doesn't work. It'd also be interesting to know if it works on other community sites like the wiki.

/Magnus

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Szymon Guz
Дата:
On 17 June 2013 20:17, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Jun 17, 2013 8:05 PM, "Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> On 06/17/2013 11:03 AM, Szymon Guz wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've changed my password for postgresql.org, I can login there, but I
> > cannot login to the commitfest website, using the same login and password
> > of course.
> >
> > thanks,
> > Szymon
>
> Can someone help Szymon?
>
> mabewlun@gmail.com

Not without a full report of what doesn't work. It'd also be interesting to know if it works on other community sites like the wiki.

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,
thanks for the help.

I use my login szymon, which is fine for https://www.postgresql.org/account/.
I cannot logint at https://wiki.postgresql.org/ as the login link does nothing, the page just reloads.
My login/password doesn't work on http://pgfoundry.org.

I could login at commitfest using the account from postgresql.org before I changed my password today.

thanks,
Szymon

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 20:17, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> > Can someone help Szymon?
>> >
>> > mabewlun@gmail.com
>> >

>> Not without a full report of what doesn't work. It'd also be interesting
>> to know if it works on other community sites like the wiki.
>>
>> /Magnus
>

> Hi Magnus,
> thanks for the help.
>
> I try to login at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/login.
> I use my login szymon, which is fine for
> https://www.postgresql.org/account/.

What error do you get?

I assume you don't have any non-ascii characters in the password? I'm
not reallysure how the CF code would deal with that...

> I cannot logint at https://wiki.postgresql.org/ as the login link does
> nothing, the page just reloads.

Are you sure it didn't log you in transparently because you were
already logged in at www.postgresql.org and you got redirected back to
the same page *but logged in*? (Upper right corner should tell you)

> My login/password doesn't work on http://pgfoundry.org.

That's completly unrelated - it's not part of te postgresql.org
community auth system.

> I could login at commitfest using the account from postgresql.org before I
> changed my password today.

Hmm. I got a sneaky suspicion this might've broken with the new django
version. The CF app is I believe the only app that still uses the old
way to log in that was deprecated sometime around dec 2011, that might
be why nobody else has bumped into it.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Szymon Guz
Дата:
On 17 June 2013 22:32, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 20:17, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> > Can someone help Szymon?
>> >
>> > mabewlun@gmail.com
>> >

>> Not without a full report of what doesn't work. It'd also be interesting
>> to know if it works on other community sites like the wiki.
>>
>> /Magnus
>

> Hi Magnus,
> thanks for the help.
>
> I try to login at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/login.
> I use my login szymon, which is fine for
> https://www.postgresql.org/account/.

What error do you get?

Invalid user ID or password.

I assume you don't have any non-ascii characters in the password? I'm
not reallysure how the CF code would deal with that...

only lower case and numbers

> I cannot logint at https://wiki.postgresql.org/ as the login link does
> nothing, the page just reloads.

Are you sure it didn't log you in transparently because you were
already logged in at www.postgresql.org and you got redirected back to
the same page *but logged in*? (Upper right corner should tell you)

I'm sure. There is still "login" in the right top corner.

Strange. I logged out from postgresql.org. Clicked on "login" in wiki... and it redirected me to postgresql.org. I entered my login and password, it redirected me back to wiki. However there is still "login" in right upper corner, nothing like "logged in".

szymon

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Szymon Guz
Дата:
On 17 June 2013 22:42, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
On 17 June 2013 22:32, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 20:17, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> > Can someone help Szymon?
>> >
>> > mabewlun@gmail.com
>> >

>> Not without a full report of what doesn't work. It'd also be interesting
>> to know if it works on other community sites like the wiki.
>>
>> /Magnus
>

> Hi Magnus,
> thanks for the help.
>
> I try to login at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/login.
> I use my login szymon, which is fine for
> https://www.postgresql.org/account/.

What error do you get?

Invalid user ID or password.

Checked using links - result is the same.

thanks,
Szymon

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Szymon Guz
Дата:
On 17 June 2013 22:52, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
On 17 June 2013 22:42, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
On 17 June 2013 22:32, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 20:17, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> > Can someone help Szymon?
>> >
>> > mabewlun@gmail.com
>> >

>> Not without a full report of what doesn't work. It'd also be interesting
>> to know if it works on other community sites like the wiki.

I've also created a brand new account. Unfortunately I cannot login to commitfest with this new login and password as well.

regards
Szymon

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 June 2013 22:52, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've also created a brand new account. Unfortunately I cannot login to
> commitfest with this new login and password as well.

Ok, I've found the problem. it was caused by the upgrade of django -
anybody who has had their password changed after that one now has one
that's incompatible with the legacy login method, which the CF app
uses.

I think I know how to work around this, but it'll be some time before
I have a chance to actually test it properly, and I don't want to
tweak org-wide authentication settings without having proper testing
in place :) But I'll get to it as soon as I can.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: [pgsql-www] problem with logging into commitfest site

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Szymon Guz <mabewlun@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I've also created a brand new account. Unfortunately I cannot login to
>> commitfest with this new login and password as well.
>
> Ok, I've found the problem. it was caused by the upgrade of django -
> anybody who has had their password changed after that one now has one
> that's incompatible with the legacy login method, which the CF app
> uses.
>
> I think I know how to work around this, but it'll be some time before
> I have a chance to actually test it properly, and I don't want to
> tweak org-wide authentication settings without having proper testing
> in place :) But I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I've pushed a fix for this.

You need to log in once to the main www.postgresql.org website for
things to be properly updated, and once you've done that you should be
able to log in to the cf site again. If you already have a persistent
session on the main website you need to first log out and then back in
- it's not enough to just access a logged-in resource. You do both
these by clicking "Your account" in the main menu.