Обсуждение: ready for another one, i guess

ready for another one, i guess

От
"Robert Haas"
Дата:
I reviewed Peter Eisentraut's TABLE command - needs more work.

Heikki has not responded to my request for a status update on
optimizing COPY with memchr, so I think there is nothing to do on that
one for now.  It looks like it is still WIP.

I have updated the Wiki with status on these two patches.

...Robert

Re: ready for another one, i guess

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I reviewed Peter Eisentraut's TABLE command - needs more work.
>
> Heikki has not responded to my request for a status update on
> optimizing COPY with memchr, so I think there is nothing to do on that
> one for now.  It looks like it is still WIP.
>
> I have updated the Wiki with status on these two patches.

Thanks Robert. I assume you want another one - posix_fadvise? If
that's OK, please mark the wiki page.

--
Dave Page

Re: ready for another one, i guess

От
"Robert Haas"
Дата:
I think that one probably needs review from -core.  It's been
extensively discussed on -hackers several times already, and is on
version 19, so I doubt there are obvious bugs remaining.

Arguably it could use additional performance testing, though I think
Greg has done quite a bit already, but I'm not in a good position to
undertake that either for a patch of this type.

...Robert

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:05 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I reviewed Peter Eisentraut's TABLE command - needs more work.
>>
>> Heikki has not responded to my request for a status update on
>> optimizing COPY with memchr, so I think there is nothing to do on that
>> one for now.  It looks like it is still WIP.
>>
>> I have updated the Wiki with status on these two patches.
>
> Thanks Robert. I assume you want another one - posix_fadvise? If
> that's OK, please mark the wiki page.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: ready for another one, i guess

От
Jeff Davis
Дата:
On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 17:39 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think that one probably needs review from -core.  It's been
> extensively discussed on -hackers several times already, and is on
> version 19, so I doubt there are obvious bugs remaining.
>
> Arguably it could use additional performance testing, though I think
> Greg has done quite a bit already, but I'm not in a good position to
> undertake that either for a patch of this type.

I am reviewing the two GIN patches, but I won't be able to really dig
into them until this weekend. Help would be welcome, if there are no
other higher-priority patches to review.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Re: ready for another one, i guess

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that one probably needs review from -core.

-core's role is not quite what you think. We essentially do project
management. The review I think you're suggesting is from a committer
(this is a little overlap between those groups of course).

> It's been
> extensively discussed on -hackers several times already, and is on
> version 19, so I doubt there are obvious bugs remaining.

It's been discussed, but I don't think anyone has done any actual code
review though.

> Arguably it could use additional performance testing, though I think
> Greg has done quite a bit already, but I'm not in a good position to
> undertake that either for a patch of this type.

I share an office with him, so I can say that yes, he has done a good
amount of testing (in fact, I don't think people realise just how much
R&D went into this patch)!

I'd appreciate a code review of it, but if you really don't want to do
that, please see if you can help Jeff out with the GIN patches.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page

Re: ready for another one, i guess

От
"Robert Haas"
Дата:
OK, I'll take a look, time permitting.

...Robert

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:50 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think that one probably needs review from -core.
>
> -core's role is not quite what you think. We essentially do project
> management. The review I think you're suggesting is from a committer
> (this is a little overlap between those groups of course).
>
>> It's been
>> extensively discussed on -hackers several times already, and is on
>> version 19, so I doubt there are obvious bugs remaining.
>
> It's been discussed, but I don't think anyone has done any actual code
> review though.
>
>> Arguably it could use additional performance testing, though I think
>> Greg has done quite a bit already, but I'm not in a good position to
>> undertake that either for a patch of this type.
>
> I share an office with him, so I can say that yes, he has done a good
> amount of testing (in fact, I don't think people realise just how much
> R&D went into this patch)!
>
> I'd appreciate a code review of it, but if you really don't want to do
> that, please see if you can help Jeff out with the GIN patches.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:   http://www.enterprisedb.com