Обсуждение: Postgres 6.5.3

Postgres 6.5.3

От
tclwrap
Дата:
Dear Postgres team:

    I installed everything fine, initdb worked also. When I invoked
postmaster, I get the
following error"

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
size=1073152, permission=600
FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

    My machine is as follows and I use gnu:

SunOS mbaccar 5.8 Generic_108528-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100

  Please let me know if you need further info,

Thanks
M. Baccar

Re: Postgres 6.5.3

Дата:
tclwrap <tclwrap@worldnet.att.net> writes:
> IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432001,
> size=1073152, permission=600
> FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

Read the documentation, where this sort of problem is discussed at
length.  Also, consider updating to something newer than 6.5.3.
7.1.3 is the current release, and 7.2 is in beta.

            regards, tom lane