Обсуждение: Status of Linux/Strongarm?

Status of Linux/Strongarm?

От
Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA
Дата:
Hello folks,

The only mention of the strongarm processor that I can find on the
lists is a test-and-set patch this last March for Postgres on
Netbsd/Strongarm.  The patch seems to have made it into 6.5.1, so I
assume NetBsd/Strongarm is now "supported".  How about
Linux/Strongarm?  Has anyone built on that yet?  Any problems?  (I'd just
try it, but we don't have the strongarm systems yet..)

                Thanks,

                Ted Nolan

Re: [PORTS] Status of Linux/Strongarm?

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> The only mention of the strongarm processor that I can find on the
> lists is a test-and-set patch this last March for Postgres on
> Netbsd/Strongarm.  The patch seems to have made it into 6.5.1, so I
> assume NetBsd/Strongarm is now "supported".  How about
> Linux/Strongarm?  Has anyone built on that yet?  Any problems?  (I'd just
> try it, but we don't have the strongarm systems yet..)

Let me know what you find out. I don't show netbsd/strongarm as
supported, but maybe I missed a report on the mailing list...

                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [PORTS] Status of Linux/Strongarm?

От
Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA
Дата:
In message <3821B183.3F9A9C5B@alumni.caltech.edu>you write:
>> The only mention of the strongarm processor that I can find on the
>> lists is a test-and-set patch this last March for Postgres on
>> Netbsd/Strongarm.  The patch seems to have made it into 6.5.1, so I
>> assume NetBsd/Strongarm is now "supported".  How about
>> Linux/Strongarm?  Has anyone built on that yet?  Any problems?  (I'd just
>> try it, but we don't have the strongarm systems yet..)
>
>Let me know what you find out. I don't show netbsd/strongarm as
>supported, but maybe I missed a report on the mailing list...
>
>                      - Thomas
>
>--
>Thomas Lockhart                lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu
>South Pasadena, California

Well,

I found a netwinder site at netwinder.org, and they have RPMs for 6.5.1,
so my guess is that they believe it works on Redhat/Strongarm...

http://www.netwinder.org/allrpms.html

                Ted

Re: [PORTS] Status of Linux/Strongarm?

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I found a netwinder site at netwinder.org, and they have RPMs for 6.5.1,
> so my guess is that they believe it works on Redhat/Strongarm...
> http://www.netwinder.org/allrpms.html

Is the strongarm the same as arm32? That's what we list already for
netbsd. Or is strongarm a distinct architecture which should be listed
separately?

                       - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [PORTS] Status of Linux/Strongarm?

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > I found a netwinder site at netwinder.org, and they have RPMs for 6.5.1,
> > so my guess is that they believe it works on Redhat/Strongarm...
> > http://www.netwinder.org/allrpms.html
>
> Is the strongarm the same as arm32? That's what we list already for
> netbsd. Or is strongarm a distinct architecture which should be listed
> separately?

armv41 is the architecture listed for the RPM's mentioned. The patchset
is attached.

I'm going to look at integrating this into the 6.5.3 RPM's -- but this
really should be in the main tarball, IMO.  There's no big patches made
-- the whole set is only 2K.

I've added Mark Knox to the cc: list, as he put together this RPM set
from the RawHide 6.5.1-0.8 rpm.  Mark, I'll be releasing 6.5.3 RPM's as
soon as 6.5.3 is official, and I'd like to get arm supported by it.
Just wanted to add you to the loop.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Вложения

Re: [PORTS] Status of Linux/Strongarm?

Дата:
Applied.

> Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> >
> > > I found a netwinder site at netwinder.org, and they have RPMs for 6.5.1,
> > > so my guess is that they believe it works on Redhat/Strongarm...
> > > http://www.netwinder.org/allrpms.html
> >
> > Is the strongarm the same as arm32? That's what we list already for
> > netbsd. Or is strongarm a distinct architecture which should be listed
> > separately?
>
> armv41 is the architecture listed for the RPM's mentioned. The patchset
> is attached.
>
> I'm going to look at integrating this into the 6.5.3 RPM's -- but this
> really should be in the main tarball, IMO.  There's no big patches made
> -- the whole set is only 2K.
>
> I've added Mark Knox to the cc: list, as he put together this RPM set
> from the RawHide 6.5.1-0.8 rpm.  Mark, I'll be releasing 6.5.3 RPM's as
> soon as 6.5.3 is official, and I'd like to get arm supported by it.
> Just wanted to add you to the loop.
>
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

[application/x-unknown-content-t is not supported, skipping...]