Обсуждение: Win N

Win N

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
I was wondering if anyone could point me to some howto
for installing Postgres on <shudder>WinNT</shudder>.

Thanks

Jeff MacDonald           // Hub.org Networking Services // PostgreSQL INC
jeff@hub.org            // sales@hub.org               // sales@pgsql.com
http://hub.org/~jeff   // http://hub.org              // http://pgsql.com

Re: [PORTS] Win N

Дата:
> I was wondering if anyone could point me to some howto
> for installing Postgres on <shudder>WinNT</shudder>.

There should be something in the manuals, or on the web site.  Not sure.

Re: [PORTS] Win N

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > I was wondering if anyone could point me to some howto
> > for installing Postgres on <shudder>WinNT</shudder>.
> There should be something in the manuals, or on the web site.

doc/README.NT has a procedure for installing all of Postgres. The
Admin Guide (html and hardcopy) has a chapter on installing on WIN32,
but that only covers client-side packages.

We should integrate these once the full installation instructions are
somewhat mature. If anyone wants to take a stab at it, the doc source
is doc/src/sgml/install-win32.sgml.

                - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [PORTS] Win N

Дата:
> > > I was wondering if anyone could point me to some howto
> > > for installing Postgres on <shudder>WinNT</shudder>.
> > There should be something in the manuals, or on the web site.
>
> doc/README.NT has a procedure for installing all of Postgres. The
> Admin Guide (html and hardcopy) has a chapter on installing on WIN32,
> but that only covers client-side packages.

Oh, yea, I knew I put it somewhere.

Re: [PORTS] Win N

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
Maybe it's just me but i see no doc/README.NT
I checked in the tarball and the ftp site/doc

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > There should be something in the manuals, or on the web site.
> >
> > doc/README.NT has a procedure for installing all of Postgres. The
> > Admin Guide (html and hardcopy) has a chapter on installing on WIN32,
> > but that only covers client-side packages.
>
> Oh, yea, I knew I put it somewhere.
>

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Jeff MacDonald           // Hub.org Networking Services // PostgreSQL INC
jeff@hub.org            // sales@hub.org               // sales@pgsql.com
http://hub.org/~jeff   // http://hub.org              // http://pgsql.com

Re: [PORTS] Win N

Дата:
> Maybe it's just me but i see no doc/README.NT
> I checked in the tarball and the ftp site/doc

In 6.5?

Re: [PORTS] Win N

От
Jeff MacDonald
Дата:
yes, i untared it from the cd.. ( i'm the one that makes the cd's )
and it's not there. the cd's are made from rsyncs on ftp.postgresql.org
every night..

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Maybe it's just me but i see no doc/README.NT
> > I checked in the tarball and the ftp site/doc
>
> In 6.5?
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Jeff MacDonald           // Hub.org Networking Services // PostgreSQL INC
jeff@hub.org            // sales@hub.org               // sales@pgsql.com
http://hub.org/~jeff   // http://hub.org              // http://pgsql.com

Re: [PORTS] Win N

Дата:
> yes, i untared it from the cd.. ( i'm the one that makes the cd's )
> and it's not there. the cd's are made from rsyncs on ftp.postgresql.org
> every night..

You for pgsql/docs/README.NT.  I certainly see it here.

Oops.  CVS says:

    revision 1.1
    date: 1999/06/16 18:09:59;  author: momjian;  state: Exp;
    Add NT readme file.

Which means it was not put in 6.5, but will appear in 6.5.1.  I think
someone asked about it just after 6.5, and I added it.  I am attaching
it to this message.

Sorry for the confusion.