Обсуждение: RPM update-alternatives

RPM update-alternatives

От
Yogesh Sharma
Дата:
Hello All,

Where can I find details on why pg_ctl and pg_config are not installed
in /usr/bin via update-alternatives ?

Both are essential got tools for PostgreSQL and having them symlinked in
/usr/bin will help with portable end user scripts.

Currently in order to get INCLUDEDIR developer has to use
/usr/pgsql-9.4/bin/pg_config  --includedir
with hardcoded 9.4 version in it and if developer switch from 9.3 to 9.4
it requires changes.

Any possibility to add pg_ctl and pg_config to update-alternatives list ?

Thanks
Yogesh

Вложения

Re: RPM update-alternatives

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2014-12-24 at 02:52 -0800, Yogesh Sharma wrote:
> Where can I find details on why pg_ctl and pg_config are not installed
> in /usr/bin via update-alternatives ?

We only create alternatives of the binaries that are cross version
compatible.

-HTH

Regardsi
--