Обсуждение: Disabling beta flag in beta3 RPMs

Disabling beta flag in beta3 RPMs

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

I decided to disable the beta flag in 9.4 spec file as of beta 3. I have
seen lots of (mainly offlist) complaints about the performance issue due
to the compile flags that we enable during beta. Even though this is
good for testing, I don't want false positive results from beta testers.

I am building the packages today, and will be pushing them tomorrow,
along with other folks.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Disabling beta flag in beta3 RPMs

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
I've seen those complaints as well, so I think this is fine.

Do we have anything on the web site that indicates how to grab the src rpm and build it with the beta flag for those
whowould like to do that?

Also, thanks for getting these built!

On Oct 8, 2014, at 6:27 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I decided to disable the beta flag in 9.4 spec file as of beta 3. I have
> seen lots of (mainly offlist) complaints about the performance issue due
> to the compile flags that we enable during beta. Even though this is
> good for testing, I don't want false positive results from beta testers.
>
> I am building the packages today, and will be pushing them tomorrow,
> along with other folks.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.
Phone: 1-888-PG-EXPRT x506
FAX: 415-762-5122
http://www.pgexperts.com/

Вложения

Re: Disabling beta flag in beta3 RPMs

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi,

On Thu, 2014-10-09 at 09:29 -0700, Jeff Frost wrote:
> I've seen those complaints as well, so I think this is fine.

Great, thanks.

> Do we have anything on the web site that indicates how to grab the src
> rpm and build it with the beta flag for those who would like to do
> that?

No. Can you add it, if you have time?

> Also, thanks for getting these built!

You are welcome.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Disabling beta flag in beta3 RPMs

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Do we have anything on the web site that indicates how to grab the src
rpm and build it with the beta flag for those who would like to do
that?

No. Can you add it, if you have time?

I have time, but do I have access to the website?

Also, where can I get your public key so gpg stops complaining that it's not in my keychain and cannot validate your email signatures. I looked on the keyserver, but it didn't find it.
Вложения