Обсуждение: php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2

php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2

От
Jeff Lanzarotta
Дата:
Hello,

I installed PostgreSQL 8.2 from source on openSUSE 10.1 and now various
php related application no longer work. For example phpMyFAQ...

Is there a version of php-pgsql for 8.2?

-Jeff

Re: php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2

От
Chris
Дата:
Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed PostgreSQL 8.2 from source on openSUSE 10.1 and now various
> php related application no longer work. For example phpMyFAQ...
>
> Is there a version of php-pgsql for 8.2?

Not sure if you need to, but did you recompile php to pick up the new
postgres version?

Is postgres still loaded in php? Check with a phpinfo(); page.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

Re: php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2

От
Erik Jones
Дата:
On Apr 18, 2007, at 7:26 PM, Chris wrote:

> Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I installed PostgreSQL 8.2 from source on openSUSE 10.1 and now
>> various
>> php related application no longer work. For example phpMyFAQ...
>> Is there a version of php-pgsql for 8.2?
>
> Not sure if you need to, but did you recompile php to pick up the
> new postgres version?
>
> Is postgres still loaded in php? Check with a phpinfo(); page.

Yeah, odds are your php build is still trying to link to now gone/
obsolete libraries on your system.

erik jones <erik@myemma.com>
software developer
615-296-0838
emma(r)

Re: php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2

От
Jeff Lanzarotta
Дата:
OK, I finally got back to looking at this...

After looking into phpinfo() it looks like postgreSQL is not loaded
anymore which is what I figured since I un-installed all the postgreSQL
related rpms and then compiled and installed from source.

I really do not want to have to download the php source and compile it
with pg support if at all possible. There are way to many rpms related
to php already installed on this system.

After further investigation, it have found an rpm,
php5-pgsql-5.1.2-29.25.3.i586.rpm, that is for the version of php that
I have as well as pg 8.2. I am not really sure if this will work, but I
am trying to install this php5 rpm. When I do, it says that it needs
'libpg.so.4'.

Is there a way to generate libpg.so.4 from the postgreSQL source? Am I
going in the wrong direction with this little project?

Thanks.

--- Chris <dmagick@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I installed PostgreSQL 8.2 from source on openSUSE 10.1 and now
> various
> > php related application no longer work. For example phpMyFAQ...
> >
> > Is there a version of php-pgsql for 8.2?
>
> Not sure if you need to, but did you recompile php to pick up the new
>
> postgres version?
>
> Is postgres still loaded in php? Check with a phpinfo(); page.
>
> --
> Postgresql & php tutorials
> http://www.designmagick.com/

Re: php-pgsql no longer works under 8.2

От
Jeff Lanzarotta
Дата:
If looks like others have had this issue as well, but they were running
under Red Hat. Read this article:

http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/66-Compat-libs-RPM-for-FC5,6-and-RHEL4.html

So someone made several compat libs but for Red Hat only... Are there
any compat libs out there for SuSE?