Обсуждение: Accessing Postgres db from apache using PHP

Accessing Postgres db from apache using PHP

От
"bruce"
Дата:
Hi...

I'm new to Postgres... I've installed Postgres on a Linux RH 8.0 server. I'm
trying to access a pgsql db from an Apache website, using PHP(v-4.2.2). I've
taken a look at google and through the archives with no real luck...

I created a Linux user and given the user rights to the Postgres group.
I created a Linux user (gforge) and given it rights to the Postgres group.
Using the gforge user, I created a postgres user, using
    -> createuser gforge - W
I gave the user the password of ->gforge

I gave the user rights to add/create databases, but not add new users
I then installed a database.
    pgsql -U gforge -d gforge < gforge3.sql

At this point, I can see that I have a db in postgres....
I did a "\l" and it displayed:
    name    owner    encoding
-->>    gforge    gforge    sql_ascii

In my php code, I have....

$sys_dbhost = "localhost";
$sys_dbname = "gforge";
$sys_user = "gforge";
$sys_dbpasswd = "gforge";

i then do a:
    $tmp = "host=localhost dbname=gforge user=gforge password=gforge";
    $conn = @pg_connect($tmp);

at this point $conn is not set... it should be a resouce if I've connect to
the DB..!!!!!!!

So.. the question... Anybody have any idea as to what I've done wrong/left
out/etc...

Any pointers/comments/criticisms would be helpful.....
Any sample docs, or code that illustrates how this should be accomplished
would be helpful...

Thanks...

Bruce Douglas
(925) 866-2790
bedouglas@earthlink.net

Re: Accessing Postgres db from apache using PHP

От
brew@theMode.com
Дата:
Bruce......

> In my php code, I have....

I always have to fool around with this to get it right, too. One thing
that helps is to get it working using psql first, you may get better error
messages.

Also you should check pg_hba.conf to make sure postgresql is allowing
connections from localhost.

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
     Check out my Musician's Online Database Exchange (The MODE Pages)
                        http://www.TheMode.com

Re: Accessing Postgres db from apache using PHP

От
Rod Taylor
> i then do a:
>     $tmp = "host=localhost dbname=gforge user=gforge password=gforge";
>     $conn = @pg_connect($tmp);

Since host=localhost, the client will attempt to connect to the server
on 127.0.0.1.  By default, TCPIP access is not enabled.  To do so, see
postgresql.conf, make the change to the tcpip variable, and HUP the
server.

However, if you leave host=<blank>, the client will attempt to connect
to the server via the local domain socket which is both enabled by
default and should be a touch faster due to more efficient data
transmission.

Вложения

Re: Accessing Postgres db from apache using PHP

От
"bruce"
Дата:
ok....

i'm still somewhat confused... this is probably a pg_hba.conf issue.....

my pg_hba.conf looks like:
# TYPE     DATABASE    IP_ADDRESS    MASK               AUTH_TYPE
AUTH_ARGUMENT

#local      all                                          trust
#host       all         127.0.0.1     255.255.255.255    trust

# Using sockets credentials for improved security. Not available everywhere,
# but works on Linux, *BSD (and probably some others)

#local  all ident   sameuser
#local   all                                             trust
#host   all             127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 trust
#host   template1       127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 trust
host    gforge  127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 trust

i've logged into the server as gforge, and tried to do the psql command
    -> psql -h localhost gforge

psql: FATAL 1:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 127.0.0.1, user gforge,
database gforge

i've also made sure the php.ini file is correct....
i can do a psql, and then a "\l" to see the gforge database

i've tried a number different settings in the pg_hba.conf file... with no
luck...

i'm willing to bet it's something pretty simple... but i can't see it..
searchs of google haven't shed any light!!!

a bottle of your favorite drink to whoever can help!!!!

thanks....

bruce
bedouglas@earthlink.net

ps...i'd even let someone remotely log in if it would help!!!

>     $tmp = "host=localhost dbname=gforge user=gforge password=gforge";
>     $conn = @pg_connect($tmp);

Since host=localhost, the client will attempt to connect to the server
on 127.0.0.1.  By default, TCPIP access is not enabled.  To do so, see
postgresql.conf, make the change to the tcpip variable, and HUP the
server.

However, if you leave host=<blank>, the client will attempt to connect
to the server via the local domain socket which is both enabled by
default and should be a touch faster due to more efficient data
transmission.

Re: Accessing Postgres db from apache using PHP

От
Philipp Ottlinger