Обсуждение: any web hosting recommendations?

any web hosting recommendations?

От
Dan Langille
Дата:
On behalf of someone else, I am looking for a webhoster who provides
PostgreSQL, PHP, ability to encrypt with OpenSSL, https, and ssh access.
Any recommendations?

FWIW: This will be a commercial website, relatively low volume.

thanks

Re: any web hosting recommendations?

От
Mark Nelson
Дата:
Hi Dan,

I've had good luck with a company called DigiPark
(www.digipark.com). I don't use all the features you
mentioned but I think they do provide them. If something
isn't listed in one of their packages, e-mail their sales
staff and ask if they can do what you're asking. From my
experience they have been helpful and responsive.

Regards,
/mark

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Dan Langille wrote:

> On behalf of someone else, I am looking for a webhoster who provides
> PostgreSQL, PHP, ability to encrypt with OpenSSL, https, and ssh access.
> Any recommendations?
>
> FWIW: This will be a commercial website, relatively low volume.
>
> thanks

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: any web hosting recommendations?

От
Roj Niyogi
Дата:
Dan,

pgHoster (www.pghoster.com) is a PostgreSQL-PHP focused hosting
provider.  Please consider us with your other options.

If you have any questions, let me know at niyogi@pghoster.com.  Thanks!

Regards,
Roj Niyogi

--
niyogi@pghoster.com

pgHoster - PostgreSQL Web Hosting & Consulting
www.pghoster.com

Dan Langille wrote:

>On behalf of someone else, I am looking for a webhoster who provides
>PostgreSQL, PHP, ability to encrypt with OpenSSL, https, and ssh access.
>Any recommendations?
>
>FWIW: This will be a commercial website, relatively low volume.
>
>thanks

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: any web hosting recommendations?

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi Dan,

If it's any help, the company that hosts the PostgreSQL websites
(hub.org) has been good for a while now.  They had some problems earlier
on in the year that were caused by an under-rated power supply installed
by the hosting location technician, but it's fixed now.

The list on the techdocs site might help as well:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/hosting.php

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Dan Langille wrote:
> On behalf of someone else, I am looking for a webhoster who provides
> PostgreSQL, PHP, ability to encrypt with OpenSSL, https, and ssh access.
> Any recommendations?
>
> FWIW: This will be a commercial website, relatively low volume.
>
> thanks

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: any web hosting recommendations?

От
Frank Bax
Дата:
At 04:29 PM 12/30/02, Dan Langille wrote:
>On behalf of someone else, I am looking for a webhoster who provides
>PostgreSQL, PHP, ability to encrypt with OpenSSL, https, and ssh access.
>Any recommendations?
>
>FWIW: This will be a commercial website, relatively low volume.

I seem to remember reading that https will require a separate ip address
for each domain - you cannot setup mulitple domains on a single ip address
like you can with regular http.  I expect you'll find this option either
harder to find, and/or more expensive when available.

Re: any web hosting recommendations?

От
Keary Suska
Дата:
on 12/31/02 11:39 AM, fbax@sympatico.ca purportedly said:

> I seem to remember reading that https will require a separate ip address
> for each domain - you cannot setup mulitple domains on a single ip address
> like you can with regular http.  I expect you'll find this option either
> harder to find, and/or more expensive when available.

Actually, it does not. It simply requires a static IP, which means that you
can't use name-based virtual hosting for SSL. However, this is all
irrelevant to outgoing SSL connections.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Re: any web hosting recommendations?

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
I have an associate who is highly competent with FreeBSD/Postgres and
offers web hosting reasonably priced (in Oz):

http://www.newmillennium.net.au/

Cheers,

Chris