Обсуждение: Web Hosting

Web Hosting

От
"Tom Haddon"
Дата:
Hi Folks,

A little off topic here, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a
PostgreSQL web hosting company. What I'm really looking for is someone who
is currently with a hoster that they're happy with, or has been with one.

Here are some of the ones I'm looking at:

http://www.performancehosting.net/hosting.php?plan=Corporate
http://www.activeengineer.com/page.php?page=shared
http://www.commandprompt.com/entry.lxp?lxpe=165
http://hub.org/web_hosting.php?To=USD

Any and all comments appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

_______________________________
Tom Haddon
IT Director
The Better Health Foundation
414 Thirteenth Street, Suite 450
Oakland, CA 94612
(510) 444-5096
www.betterhealthfoundation.org
_______________________________

Re: Web Hosting

От
"Bryan Bullard"
Дата:
We have been using rackspace (http://www.rackspace.com/index.php) for the
past 5 months to host what amounts to be a web based OLTP system similiar to
a point-of-sale system.  We are very happy with them.  We have had zero
downtime and they were very attentive early on when we were trying to get
the correct configuration on the server.

-bryan

[...]

"Gary Hoffman"
Дата:
Tom (and others):

I've got several non-profit orgs running at host45.com using
PGP/PostgreSql. Their connectivity is very high, their reliability is
good, and their cooperation just outstanding. I've seen the good, the bad,
and the ugly in web hosting and these guys are in the first category.

Cheers,
Gary

* Gary B. Hoffman, Computing Services Manager  e-mail: ghoffman@ucsd.edu *
* Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies (IR/PS) *
* University of California, San Diego (UCSD)       voice: (858) 534-1989 *
* 9500 Gilman Dr. MC 0519                            fax: (858) 534-3939 *
* La Jolla, CA 92093-0519 USA             web: http://www-irps.ucsd.edu/ *

tom@betterhealthfoundation.org writes:
>Hi Folks,
>
>A little off topic here, but I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a
>PostgreSQL web hosting company. What I'm really looking for is someone who
>is currently with a hoster that they're happy with, or has been with one.
>
>Here are some of the ones I'm looking at:
>
>http://www.performancehosting.net/hosting.php?plan=Corporate
>http://www.activeengineer.com/page.php?page=shared
>http://www.commandprompt.com/entry.lxp?lxpe=165
>http://hub.org/web_hosting.php?To=USD
>
>Any and all comments appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Tom
>
>_______________________________
>Tom Haddon
>IT Director
>The Better Health Foundation
>414 Thirteenth Street, Suite 450
>Oakland, CA 94612
>(510) 444-5096
>www.betterhealthfoundation.org
>_______________________________

ResultSetMetaData in PHP

От
Zhidian Du
Дата:
I am just use PHP.  I have two questions:

1. When I use OID, how can I get a current OID and lock it and use it
before I insert a record, as nextval(..) does, in PHP?
2. How can I use PHP to get the structure of a table, like
ResultSetMetaData in JAVA?

Thanks.

Zhidian Du

Re: Web Hosting

От
"Michael Rogers"
Дата:
Epic Works is still one of the best hosting company to date that I've found.
Their reliability, uptime, and the amount of control and features that you
have is completely unsurpassable.  PostgreSQL is hosted externally on a
whole slew of servers as well for maximum speed.  Check them out.  THe
website is http://www.epicworks.com/ - The support is great [usually within
15 minutes I get a response] and the service is amazing.  I never go down
and my customers love it!

Later
--
Mike Rogers