Обсуждение: Maximum Execution Timeout Error!!

Maximum Execution Timeout Error!!

От
Gurudutt
Дата:
Hello,

I am using POSTGRESQL Version 7.1.3 and PHP to implement a call center
software. We have real -time updations and querying on the database
almost every 30 seconds.

I am using PEAR DB to realize data abstraction layer.

I am regularly doing VACUUM ANALYZE. I don't know what is making the
system to be very slow, but it takes nearly a minute plus execution
time to do simple fetch operations.

How do I make the system, to perform much faster.

Sometimes I also get the following error..

------- ERROR STARTS------

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in DB/pgsql.php on line 163

------- ERROR ENDS------

--
Best regards,
 Gurudutt                          mailto:guru@indvalley.com

Life is not fair - get used to it.
Bill Gates

Re: Maximum Execution Timeout Error!!

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
On Mié 19 Dic 2001 06:28, Gurudutt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using POSTGRESQL Version 7.1.3 and PHP to implement a call center
> software. We have real -time updations and querying on the database
> almost every 30 seconds.
>
> I am using PEAR DB to realize data abstraction layer.
>
> I am regularly doing VACUUM ANALYZE. I don't know what is making the
> system to be very slow, but it takes nearly a minute plus execution
> time to do simple fetch operations.
>
> How do I make the system, to perform much faster.

Optimize the options in your postmaster.conf file?
Buy better hardware?

> Sometimes I also get the following error..
>
> ------- ERROR STARTS------
>
> Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in DB/pgsql.php
> on line 163
>
> ------- ERROR ENDS------

You have to change the configuration of PHP. Read your php.ini file.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?

Re: [SQL] Maximum Execution Timeout Error!!

От
"Radu-Adrian Popescu"
Дата:
Regarding the 30" timeout, you should edit your php.ini and modify the line
that reads

max_execution_time = 30

Also try to human-optimize your queries, use EXPLAIN to analyse you query
plans, throw in some indexes, bla-bla-bla.
You should be able to get more help when providing some pieces of code/db
structures/EXPLAIN outputs etc.
Good luck till then.

--

Radu-Adrian Popescu