Обсуждение: PostgreSQL server failed to start

PostgreSQL server failed to start

От
vignesh
Дата:
Hi,
         When i start my postgres. Iam getting this error. I had
installed 8.4 and 9.1
It was working good yesterday but not now.
service postgresql restart
  * Restarting PostgreSQL 8.4databaseserver
* The PostgreSQL server failed to start. Please check the log output.

If i see the log. it shows yesterday's log report. please give me suggestion
Thanks for reply.

Vignesh.T

Re: PostgreSQL server failed to start

От
Maciek Sakrejda
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM, vignesh <vignesh.t@snovabits.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>         When i start my postgres. Iam getting this error.

You may want to ask on the pgsql-general mailing list [1]. This list
is just for Postgres performance questions. While, technically,
failing to start outright could be considered a performance problem,
the general list may be better able to help you.

Also, please provide more details when you ask there (e.g., what
operating system, how did you install Postgres, what changed between
yesterday and now, etc.).

[1]: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/