Обсуждение: PostgreSQL index issue

PostgreSQL index issue

От
codevally
Дата:
Hi Fellows

I have a question regarding PostgreSQL 9.1 indexing.

I am having a table and want to create a index for a column and I want to
store the data with time zone for that column. The questions are:

1. Can I create a index for a column which store time stamp with time zone.
If can is there ant performance issues?

2. Also I can store the time stamp value with zone as a long integer value.
If so what is the difference between the above step. Which one is better.

Many Thanks.

Roshan

Re: PostgreSQL index issue

От
"Albe Laurenz"
codevally wrote:
> I have a question regarding PostgreSQL 9.1 indexing.
>
> I am having a table and want to create a index for a column and I want
> store the data with time zone for that column. The questions are:
>
> 1. Can I create a index for a column which store time stamp with time
zone.
> If can is there ant performance issues?
>
> 2. Also I can store the time stamp value with zone as a long integer
value.
> If so what is the difference between the above step. Which one is
better.

> Many Thanks.

If you didn't like the answer that you got to exactly the same
question on
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/CAOokBJGA56tiyLZGPf859fmLiZidp
p19Q5pPbT65Hwc4wORegg%40mail.gmail.com
why didn't you say so?