Обсуждение: Zeus IOPS

Zeus IOPS

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
Anybody on the list have any experience with these drives?  They get
good numbers but I can't find diddly on them on the internet for the
last year or so.

http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php

Re: Zeus IOPS

От
Brad Nicholson
Дата:
On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 13:48 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Anybody on the list have any experience with these drives?  They get
> good numbers but I can't find diddly on them on the internet for the
> last year or so.
>
> http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php

I'd heard that they were a popular choice in the Enterprise market, but
that was around 6 months ago or so, and purely anecdotal.

Seems strange though for them to disappear off the radar when SSD
related information is becoming so prevalent.  That could just be an
effect of all the noise around the non-Enterprise grade SSD's floating
around though.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106

Re: Zeus IOPS

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Brad Nicholson
<bnichols@ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 13:48 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> Anybody on the list have any experience with these drives?  They get
>> good numbers but I can't find diddly on them on the internet for the
>> last year or so.
>>
>> http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php
>
> I'd heard that they were a popular choice in the Enterprise market, but
> that was around 6 months ago or so, and purely anecdotal.
>
> Seems strange though for them to disappear off the radar when SSD
> related information is becoming so prevalent.  That could just be an
> effect of all the noise around the non-Enterprise grade SSD's floating
> around though.

Yeah.  According to a buddy of mine they're mostly only resold by Sun
and EMC in their own products.  Of course what I'm really looking for
are postive stories about them surviving power plug pulls without
corrupting the database.

Re: Zeus IOPS

От
Mindaugas Riauba
Дата:
  Hello,

>>> Anybody on the list have any experience with these drives?  They get
>>> good numbers but I can't find diddly on them on the internet for the
>>> last year or so.
>>>
>>> http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php

  Most of the storage vendors (I have confirmation from EMC and HP)
use those in their SAN boxes. I believe that is because they are the
only SLC SSD makers that have supercapacitors on the SSD drive which
allows them to run with write cache enabled. As a side effect - they
are insanely expensive. :)

  Mindaugas

Re: Zeus IOPS

От
Brad Nicholson
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 10:27 +0300, Mindaugas Riauba wrote:
> Hello,

>   Most of the storage vendors (I have confirmation from EMC and HP)
> use those in their SAN boxes. I believe that is because they are the
> only SLC SSD makers that have supercapacitors on the SSD drive which
> allows them to run with write cache enabled. As a side effect - they
> are insanely expensive. :)

Texas Memory Systems also have these.
--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106