Обсуждение: Deleting Large Objects

Deleting Large Objects

От
John KEA
Дата:
Dear PostgreSQL Creators,

I am frequently using PostgreSQL server to manage the data, but I am stuck ed now with a problem of large objects deleting, namely it works too slow. E.g., deleting of 900 large objects of 1 Mb size takes around 2.31 minutes. This dataset is not largest one which I am working with, e.g. deleting of 3000x1Mb objects takes around half an hour. Could you, please, give me a few advices what do I have to do to improve the deleting time? (i've tried to extend the memory server uses, but results are the same)

Best regards!

Re: Deleting Large Objects

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
John KEA <johnkea21@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am stuck ed now with a problem of large objects deleting,

> please, give me a few advices what do I have to do to improve the
> deleting time?

You've come to the right place, but we need more information to be
able to help.  Please review this page and repost with the suggested
information.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin