Обсуждение: Used computers?

Used computers?

От
Craig James
Дата:
Apologies for a slightly off-topic question ... a friend is overseeing the demise of a company and has several
computersthat they need to get rid of.  She's an attorney and knows little about them except that they're IBM and cost
>$50Koriginally.  Where does one go to sell equipment like this, and/or get a rough idea of its worth?

Thanks,
Craig

Re: Used computers?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Craig James<craig_james@emolecules.com> wrote:
> Apologies for a slightly off-topic question ... a friend is overseeing the
> demise of a company and has several computers that they need to get rid of.
>  She's an attorney and knows little about them except that they're IBM and
> cost >$50K originally.  Where does one go to sell equipment like this,
> and/or get a rough idea of its worth?

I generally use ebay to get an idea, especially by searching the sales
that are over.  You can sell them there, or craig's list.

Re: Used computers?

От
Glyn Astill
Дата:
Here in the UK, we have "Waste electrical and electronic equipment" (WEEE) companies that'll safely destroy or sell
themon for a cut of the profits.

> question ... a friend is overseeing the demise of a company
> and has several computers that they need to get rid
> of.  She's an attorney and knows little about them
> except that they're IBM and cost >$50K originally.
> Where does one go to sell equipment like this, and/or get a
> rough idea of its worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

> To make changes to your subscription:

Re: Used computers?

От
Kenny Gorman
Дата:
Perhaps these guys know:  http://www.recurrent.com/

-kg

On Jul 20, 2009, at 7:29 AM, Craig James wrote:

> Apologies for a slightly off-topic question ... a friend is
> overseeing the demise of a company and has several computers that
> they need to get rid of.  She's an attorney and knows little about
> them except that they're IBM and cost >$50K originally.  Where does
> one go to sell equipment like this, and/or get a rough idea of its
> worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

Re: Used computers?

От
Andy Colson
Дата:
Craig James wrote:
> Apologies for a slightly off-topic question ... a friend is overseeing
> the demise of a company and has several computers that they need to get
> rid of.  She's an attorney and knows little about them except that
> they're IBM and cost >$50K originally.  Where does one go to sell
> equipment like this, and/or get a rough idea of its worth?
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

When I was looking for Sun boxes I found several places that buy/sell used hardware, some took IBM too.

I googled "buy sell used ibm" and came up with several, like:

http://www.usedserversystems.com/used-ibm-servers.htm

You could check with them and see what they are selling for.  (And maybe what they'd buy for)

Also, there is always ebay.

-Andy

Re: Used computers?

От
Merlin Moncure
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Craig James<craig_james@emolecules.com> wrote:
> Apologies for a slightly off-topic question ... a friend is overseeing the
> demise of a company and has several computers that they need to get rid of.
>  She's an attorney and knows little about them except that they're IBM and
> cost >$50K originally.  Where does one go to sell equipment like this,
> and/or get a rough idea of its worth?

We've done business with Vibrant technologies
(http://www.vibrant.com/)...they specialize in buying/selling used IBM
gear.  It's a lot less hassle than ebay...

merlin