Обсуждение: Censorship

Censorship

От
Matthew Wakeling
Дата:
It appears that I am being censored. I have tried three times to send a
particular message to this list over the last few days, while a different
mail has gone through fine. There does not appear to be a publicised list
manager address, so I am addressing this complaint to the whole list. Is
there someone here who can fix the problem?

Matthew

--
 Psychotics are consistently inconsistent. The essence of sanity is to
 be inconsistently inconsistent.

Re: Censorship

От
Guillaume Cottenceau
Дата:
Matthew Wakeling <matthew 'at' flymine.org> writes:

> It appears that I am being censored.

Do you seriously think that censorman would kill your previous
mails, but would let a "It appears that I am being censored" mail
go through?

--
Guillaume Cottenceau

Re: Censorship

От
Matthew Wakeling
Дата:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> Matthew Wakeling <matthew 'at' flymine.org> writes:
>
>> It appears that I am being censored.
>
> Do you seriously think that censorman would kill your previous
> mails, but would let a "It appears that I am being censored" mail
> go through?

If it's an automatic program picking up on some phrase in my previous
email, yes. Unfortunately, I have no idea what might have set it off.

Matthew

--
 An optimist sees the glass as half full, a pessimist as half empty,
 and an engineer as having redundant storage capacity.

Re: Censorship

От
Gurjeet Singh
Дата:
There is a limit on the size of the mail that you can send to different mailing lists. Please try to remove/link your attachments if you are trying to send any.

Best regards,

It appears that I am being censored. I have tried three times to send a particular message to this list over the last few days, while a different mail has gone through fine. There does not appear to be a publicised list manager address, so I am addressing this complaint to the whole list. Is there someone here who can fix the problem?

Matthew

--
Psychotics are consistently inconsistent. The essence of sanity is to
be inconsistently inconsistent.

Lets call it Postgres

EnterpriseDB      http://www.enterprisedb.com

gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com
Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device

Re: Censorship

От
Matthew Wakeling
Дата:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Gurjeet Singh wrote:
> There is a limit on the size of the mail that you can send to different mailing lists. Please try to remove/link your
> attachments if you are trying to send any.

No, size is not an issue - it's only 3kB.

Matthew

--
 Q: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
There is a limit on the size of the mail that you can send to different mailing lists. Please try to remove/link your
attachments if you are trying to send any.

No, size is not an issue - it's only 3kB.

Are you getting a bounce message?  They usually have the reason in there.

--Scott

Matthew

--
Q: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
A: I don't know, and I don't care.

Re: Censorship

От
Matthew Wakeling
Дата:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Scott Mead wrote:
> Are you getting a bounce message?  They usually have the reason in there.

No, I am not getting any bounce message. My email just goes into a black
hole, and does not appear on the web site archives either.

Matthew

--
 The only secure computer is one that's unplugged, locked in a safe,
 and buried 20 feet under the ground in a secret location...and i'm not

Re: Censorship

Дата:
Matthew Wakeling <matthew@flymine.org> writes:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Scott Mead wrote:
>> Are you getting a bounce message? �They usually have the reason in there.

> No, I am not getting any bounce message.

IIRC, getting a bounce message for rejected or held-for-moderation
submissions is a configurable subscription option, and for some
inexplicable reason it defaults to off.  Get a "help set" message from
the listserv and look through your options.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Censorship

От
Dan Langille