Обсуждение: scheduler

scheduler

От
Adrian Moisey
Дата:
Hi

Which scheduler is recommended for a box that is dedicated to running
postgres?

I've asked google and found no answers.

--
Adrian Moisey
System Administrator | CareerJunction | Your Future Starts Here.

Re: scheduler

От
"Claus Guttesen"
Дата:
> Which scheduler is recommended for a box that is dedicated to running
> postgres?
>
> I've asked google and found no answers.

Is it the OS itself?

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

Re: scheduler

От
Adrian Moisey
Дата:
Hi

>> Which scheduler is recommended for a box that is dedicated to running
>> postgres?
>>
>> I've asked google and found no answers.
>
> Is it the OS itself?

Yes, in linux.  I've found that cfq or deadline is best, but I haven't
seen anyone try a benchmark

--
Adrian Moisey
System Administrator | CareerJunction | Your Future Starts Here.
Web: www.careerjunction.co.za | Email: adrian@careerjunction.co.za
Phone: +27 21 686 6820 | Mobile: +27 82 858 7830 | Fax: +27 21 686 6842

Re: scheduler

От
david@lang.hm
Дата:
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Adrian Moisey wrote:

> Hi
>
>>> Which scheduler is recommended for a box that is dedicated to running
>>> postgres?
>>>
>>> I've asked google and found no answers.
>>
>> Is it the OS itself?
>
> Yes, in linux.  I've found that cfq or deadline is best, but I haven't seen
> anyone try a benchmark

it also depends on your hardware. if you have a good battery-backed cache
on your I/O system you may be best off with 'none' (or simple elevator, I
don't remember the exact name)

the more complexity in your I/O that the kernek oesn't know about, the
less likely it is to make the right decision.

David Lang

Re: scheduler

От
"Luke Lonergan"
Дата:
Deadline works best for us.  The new AS is getting better, but last we
tried there were issues with it.

- Luke