Обсуждение: Version Change

Version Change

От
"Gauri Kanekar"
Дата:
Hi List,

Can anybody suggest some comprehensive test for version change from 8.1.3 to 8.2

--
Thanks in advance
Gauri

Re: Version Change

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Jan 18, 2007, at 13:43 , Gauri Kanekar wrote:

> Can anybody suggest some comprehensive test for version change from
> 8.1.3 to 8.2

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/release.html

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: Version Change

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Jan 18, 2007, at 13:56 , Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2007, at 13:43 , Gauri Kanekar wrote:
>
>> Can anybody suggest some comprehensive test for version change
>> from 8.1.3 to 8.2
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/release.html

Sorry, I misread your request as a list of version changes. You could
parse the result of SELECT version(); to test what version the server
is, if that's what you're asking.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: Version Change

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
Please reply to the list so that others may contribute and benefit
from the discussion.

On Jan 18, 2007, at 14:19 , Gauri Kanekar wrote:

> i want some comprehensive tests, to identify wheather shifiting
> from 8.1.3 to 8.2 will be advantageous.

I think it depends on your installation and use for PostgreSQL.
PostgreSQL is used for many different types of projects which have
different needs. I don't think it would be possible to put together
some sort of comprehensive test suite that would answer your
question. What I can recommend is benchmark common and performance
critical tasks for your current 8.1.3 installation and then compare
the results with those same benchmarks run against 8.2.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net