Обсуждение: Occupation bloc in pages of table

Occupation bloc in pages of table

От
luchot
Дата:
Hello,

I  see in the documentation that we can obtain the number of pages for a table with the view named pg_class.

I would want if it is possible for each pages of a table to have the occupation of blocs in percentage in order to see
ifthe page is good full or not.

I don’t find anything in the doc and the archive.

Best regards,

Sorry for my english

Re: Occupation bloc in pages of table

Дата:
luchot <luchot@voila.fr> writes:
> I would want if it is possible for each pages of a table to have the occupation of blocs in percentage in order to
seeif the page is good full or not.

There is not any magic way of getting that information, but you could
modify contrib/pgstattuple to produce such a report.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Occupation bloc in pages of table

От
luchot
Дата:
Thank you for you quick answer i will try to see what i can do whith the file contrib/pgstattuple

Best regards,

> Message du 23/06/06 à 18h11
> De : "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> A : luchot@voila.fr
> Copie à : pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
> Objet : Re: [PERFORM] Occupation bloc in pages of table
>
> luchot <luchot@voila.fr> writes:
> > I would want if it is possible for each pages of a table to have the occupation of blocs in percentage in order to
seeif the page is good full or not.

> There is not any magic way of getting that information, but you could
> modify contrib/pgstattuple to produce such a report.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Occupation bloc in pages of table

От
luchot
> De : "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> There is not any magic way of getting that information, but you could
> modify contrib/pgstattuple to produce such a report.

Thank you for you speed answer , i will try to see what i can do in contrib/pgstattuple

Best regards,

Luc

Re: Occupation bloc in pages of table

От