Обсуждение: Remove second argument from textToQualifiedNameList

Remove second argument from textToQualifiedNameList

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
Hi,

i found out that the function textToQualifiedNameList doesn't use the
second argument it receive (caller). i suppose in the past was used
and now it is useless, if that is the case here is a patch removing.
Or are any reasons to keep that argument?

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

Вложения

Re: Remove second argument from textToQualifiedNameList

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> i found out that the function textToQualifiedNameList doesn't use the
> second argument it receive (caller). i suppose in the past was used
> and now it is useless, if that is the case here is a patch removing.
> Or are any reasons to keep that argument?

None that I can see. I'll apply the patch later today, barring any
objections.

-Neil

Re: Remove second argument from textToQualifiedNameList

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> Or are any reasons to keep that argument?

> None that I can see. I'll apply the patch later today, barring any
> objections.

Looking at the 7.3 sources, the argument was used to support the
then-existing convention that an error message include the name
of the reporting routine.  This does seem obsolete now.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Remove second argument from textToQualifiedNameList

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> i found out that the function textToQualifiedNameList doesn't use the
> second argument it receive (caller). i suppose in the past was used
> and now it is useless, if that is the case here is a patch removing.
> Or are any reasons to keep that argument?

Applied to HEAD. Thanks for the patch.

-Neil