Обсуждение: Default for "Level of rollback on errors"

Default for "Level of rollback on errors"

От
Huong Dangminh
Дата:
Hi,

I have one question about DSN setting dialog.
Following phenomenon have confirmed in 09.05.0200, 09.05.0210, 09.03.0300 version.

After create a DSN by ODBC Datasource Administrator,
Setting of "Level of rollback on errors" in "Advanced Options (DataSource)"(Page 2)
is in not checked state.
In this state it work as "Statement" setting, it mean that queries in BEGIN block
will be surrounded with SAVEPOINT statement before executed.

But when "Level of rollback on errors" setting is in not checked state,
if I press "OK" button (in "Advanced Options (DataSource)"(Page 2) dialog)
and reconfirm "Level of rollback on errors". The setting become "Transaction"
 (rollback the whole transaction).

So, is it intentionally sir?

I wonder if what is exactly the default for this setting.

Thanks and best regards,
Dang Minh Huong
NEC Solution Innovators, Ltd.
http://www.nec-solutioninnovators.co.jp/en/

Re: Default for "Level of rollback on errors"

От
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Дата:
Hi,

On 2016/06/28 22:05, Huong Dangminh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one question about DSN setting dialog.
> Following phenomenon have confirmed in 09.05.0200, 09.05.0210, 09.03.0300 version.
>
> After create a DSN by ODBC Datasource Administrator,
> Setting of "Level of rollback on errors" in "Advanced Options (DataSource)"(Page 2)
> is in not checked state.
> In this state it work as "Statement" setting, it mean that queries in BEGIN block
> will be surrounded with SAVEPOINT statement before executed.
>
> But when "Level of rollback on errors" setting is in not checked state,
> if I press "OK" button (in "Advanced Options (DataSource)"(Page 2) dialog)
> and reconfirm "Level of rollback on errors". The setting become "Transaction"
>  (rollback the whole transaction).
>
> So, is it intentionally sir?
>
> I wonder if what is exactly the default for this setting.

Hmm you are right.
It would be fixed in the next release.

Thanks.
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Default for "Level of rollback on errors"

От
Huong Dangminh
Дата:
Hi Inoue-san,

Thanks for your response.

> > I wonder if what is exactly the default for this setting.
>
> Hmm you are right.
> It would be fixed in the next release.

You mean, it will be fixed to "Statement" as default, and
not change event if "OK" button is pressed, sir?

On 2016/07/04 8:06, Huong Dangminh wrote:
> Hi Inoue-san,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
>>> I wonder if what is exactly the default for this setting.
>> Hmm you are right.
>> It would be fixed in the next release.
>>
> You mean, it will be fixed to "Statement" as default, and
> not change event if "OK" button is pressed, sir?

Yes.

regards,
Hiroshi Ioue

Re: Default for "Level of rollback on errors"

От
Huong Dangminh
Дата:
Hi Inoue-san,