Обсуждение: Re: [SQL] Regarding RDS postgresql instance

Re: [SQL] Regarding RDS postgresql instance

От
Steve Midgley
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 5:36 AM, Mallela, Anil <anil.mallela@emc.com> wrote:
     Could you please let us know is there any way to create directory  in data directory location of Amazon RDS PostgreSQL  instance .I am able to connect RDS PostgreSQL instance to EC2 PostgreSQL client but not able to create data directory in Amazon RDS PostgreSQL  instance.

What is your purpose in doing this? I'm pretty sure that Amazon locks down their RDS Postgresql installations pretty tightly so I'd be surprised if they let you do anything unusual.

Re: [SQL] Regarding RDS postgresql instance

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
I would required to create empty data directory on Amazon RDS PostgreSQL instance for my application

Thanks,

Anil.

​As has been said I'm doubtful that RDS is a valid platform for your application if this is one of your requirements.  If you insist on sticking with RDS the PostgreSQL lists for SQL and ODBC are hardly an appropriate place to discuss it.  Dedicated RDS forums are the most appropriate followed by -general if you want to elicit others opinions.  RDS uses PostgreSQL but is a very specialized animal.

David J.

Re: [SQL] Regarding RDS postgresql instance

От
"Mallela, Anil"

I would required to create empty data directory on Amazon RDS PostgreSQL instance for my application

Thanks,

Anil.

     Could you please let us know is there any way to create directory  in data directory location of Amazon RDS PostgreSQL  instance .I am able to connect RDS PostgreSQL instance to EC2 PostgreSQL client but not able to create data directory in Amazon RDS PostgreSQL  instance.

What is your purpose in doing this? I'm pretty sure that Amazon locks down their RDS Postgresql installations pretty tightly so I'd be surprised if they let you do anything unusual.

Re: [SQL] Regarding RDS postgresql instance

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 06/24/2016 08:28 AM, Mallela, Anil wrote:
> I would required to create empty data directory on Amazon RDS PostgreSQL
> instance for my application

It is not possible to achieve this via RDS.

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564