Обсуждение: utf8 data with strange characters

utf8 data with strange characters

От
"intmail01@gmail.com"
Дата:
Hello,

When using last open/libre office and the Base software can not display
utf8 data.
All characters are separated with strange squarre when I do select command.
Another strange things is that list of tables is not displayed.

I compiled my self the driver (v 9.03.400) and all woks fine with
iodbctestw program.
Under windows the odbc driver display correctly utf8 characters and list
of tables is shown.

Thank you for any help

Re: utf8 data with strange characters

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/09/2015 06:08 AM, intmail01@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When using last open/libre office and the Base software can not display
> utf8 data.
> All characters are separated with strange squarre when I do select command.
> Another strange things is that list of tables is not displayed.

I gave up on Base a long time ago as it is failed as often as it succeeded.

Have you looked under Tools --> Options --> Language Settings -->
Languages to see what LO is using?

> I compiled my self the driver (v 9.03.400) and all woks fine with
> iodbctestw program.
> Under windows the odbc driver display correctly utf8 characters and list
> of tables is shown.

Which would seem to indicate that the problem is in LO/Base. I would
suggest taking this up on the LibreOffice forum:

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/nabble/

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: utf8 data with strange characters

От
"intmail01@gmail.com"
Дата:
Le 09/07/2015 16:16, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> On 07/09/2015 06:08 AM, intmail01@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When using last open/libre office and the Base software can not display
>> utf8 data.
>> All characters are separated with strange squarre when I do select
>> command.
>> Another strange things is that list of tables is not displayed.
>
> I gave up on Base a long time ago as it is failed as often as it
> succeeded.
>
> Have you looked under Tools --> Options --> Language Settings -->
> Languages to see what LO is using?
>

>> I compiled my self the driver (v 9.03.400) and all woks fine with
>> iodbctestw program.
>> Under windows the odbc driver display correctly utf8 characters and list
>> of tables is shown.
>
> Which would seem to indicate that the problem is in LO/Base. I would
> suggest taking this up on the LibreOffice forum:
>
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/nabble/
>>
>> Thank you for any help

Languages are "User Interface: default english" ;  "Locale setting:
default French (france)"
There is no mention of encoding.

Re: utf8 data with strange characters

От
Adrian Klaver
Дата:
On 07/09/2015 06:43 AM, intmail01@gmail.com wrote:
> Le 09/07/2015 16:16, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
>> On 07/09/2015 06:08 AM, intmail01@gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> When using last open/libre office and the Base software can not display
>>> utf8 data.
>>> All characters are separated with strange squarre when I do select
>>> command.
>>> Another strange things is that list of tables is not displayed.
>>
>> I gave up on Base a long time ago as it is failed as often as it
>> succeeded.
>>
>> Have you looked under Tools --> Options --> Language Settings -->
>> Languages to see what LO is using?
>>

>>> I compiled my self the driver (v 9.03.400) and all woks fine with
>>> iodbctestw program.
>>> Under windows the odbc driver display correctly utf8 characters and list
>>> of tables is shown.
>>
>> Which would seem to indicate that the problem is in LO/Base. I would
>> suggest taking this up on the LibreOffice forum:
>>
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/nabble/
>>>
>>> Thank you for any help
>>>

> Languages are "User Interface: default english" ;  "Locale setting:
> default French (france)"
> There is no mention of encoding.

So what OS and version are you using?

Is Base on the same machine as the database?

If not where is the database?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: utf8 data with strange characters

От
"intmail01@gmail.com"
Дата:
Le 09/07/2015 17:05, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
> On 07/09/2015 06:43 AM, intmail01@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I gave up on Base a long time ago as it is failed as often as it
>>> succeeded.
>>>
>>> Have you looked under Tools --> Options --> Language Settings -->
>>> Languages to see what LO is using?

>>> Which would seem to indicate that the problem is in LO/Base. I would
>>> suggest taking this up on the LibreOffice forum:
>>>
>>> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/nabble/

>> Languages are "User Interface: default english" ;  "Locale setting:
>> default French (france)"
>> There is no mention of encoding.
>
> So what OS and version are you using?
>
> Is Base on the same machine as the database?
>
> If not where is the database?

-Slackware 14.1 with kernel v3.16.3 for both client and server. 2
computers connected thru LAN.