Обсуждение: Kerberos/GSSAPI Instructions

Kerberos/GSSAPI Instructions

От
Ramesh Reddy
Дата:
Hi,

I am trying find any instructions to configure the pg-odbc driver to
participate in the kerberoes/gssapi based authentication. I need to do
this in both Windows and Linux environments. Can somebody help me point
to some useful links?

I am also failing to understand, is PG server forces the client to
participate in gssapi based auth, or it is based upon client's request
that PG server participates in negotiation, if PG server is configured
with kerberos  auth details?

Thank you.

Ramesh..

Re: Kerberos/GSSAPI Instructions

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Hi Ramesh,

(2014/02/26 8:19), Ramesh Reddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying find any instructions to configure the pg-odbc driver to
> participate in the kerberoes/gssapi based authentication. I need to do
> this in both Windows and Linux environments. Can somebody help me point
> to some useful links?

First, have you prepared Kerberos server already?

Maybe recently released Windows psqlodbc drivers can't handle gssapi
authentication because libpq.dll doesn't provide the functionality.

Is it right? > Dave

> I am also failing to understand, is PG server forces the client to
> participate in gssapi based auth,

Yes it comes according to the setting of pg_hba.conf?

 > or it is based upon client's request
> that PG server participates in negotiation, if PG server is configured
> with kerberos  auth details?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue