Обсуждение: Problems accesing exported MsAccess data

Problems accesing exported MsAccess data

От
"Bernardo Baranek"
Дата:
I am migrating an access database (.mdb) to Postgre through the odbc driver.
I could succesfully export the tables. I can read the tables under the pgadminIII
I attached the tables using the same odbc driver to a new Access database but I am unable to open the tables from the Access interface.
Allways I try to open a table a get error 3010 (Microsoft jet) saying table "TMP%#MAU@" already exists.
Can you help me on this matter ?

Thanks

Bernardo

Re: Problems accesing exported MsAccess data

От
David Gardner

I’m not sure I am following you. Are you trying to connect Access to a pgsql database via the ODBC driver, or are you trying to create an ODBC connection to your existing Access Database? If you are trying to connect Access to a pgsql backend could you list your DSN settings, and the steps you are taking in Access to link to the ODBC tables that lead to the error? Also are you using the ANSI or Unicode driver, and what version of the driver? Is pgsql running on a remote system or on the local system?

---

David Gardner, IT

The Yucaipa Companies

(310) 228-2855

I am migrating an access database (.mdb) to Postgre through the odbc driver.

I could succesfully export the tables. I can read the tables under the pgadminIII

I attached the tables using the same odbc driver to a new Access database but I am unable to open the tables from the Access interface.

Allways I try to open a table a get error 3010 (Microsoft jet) saying table "TMP%#MAU@" already exists.

Can you help me on this matter ?

Thanks

Bernardo

Re: Problems accesing exported MsAccess data

От
BT
Дата:
i've the same problem

> I’m not sure I am following you. Are you trying to connect Access to a
> pgsql database via the ODBC driver,

i'm tying to open the connected table or send the query on connected table

> or are you trying to create an ODBC
> connection to your existing Access Database? If you are trying to
> connect Access to a pgsql backend could you list your DSN settings,

DSN connection test passed, settings are default

> and
> the steps you are taking in Access to link to the ODBC tables that lead
> to the error? Also are you using the ANSI or Unicode driver,

with both drivers

> and what
> version of the driver?

psqlodbc-08_02_0400

version of pg is PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on i686-pc-mingw32

> Is pgsql running on a remote system or on the
> local system?

local system