Обсуждение: Postgres 7.4 to Oracle 10g Migration with BLOBs

Postgres 7.4 to Oracle 10g Migration with BLOBs

От
kashkon@att.net
Дата:
Hi,

I need to migrate a 60 GB Postgres 7.4 running on Linux to Oracle 10g running on Linux RedHat Enterprise Linux ES 4
update4 x86_64 .  I need help with a workable solution.
I tried pg_dump but it does not allow dumping blobs for migration to Oracle.
I tried a couple of tools but they do not work.
Oracle does not have a tool to do it for Postgres.

I can only think of using ODBC driver but need help where the ODBC should be installed.

Should it be installed on the Oracle server and should it be a Postgres ODBC?  Where can I down load it from?  I
checkedthe postgres.org website but it was not clear whehter I needed to download the dll, mm, or msi!

Thanks in advance!

Kourosh Ashkon

--
Kourosh Ashkon
e-mail:kashkon@att.net

Re: Postgres 7.4 to Oracle 10g Migration with BLOBs

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
kashkon@att.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to migrate a 60 GB Postgres 7.4 running on Linux to Oracle 10g running on Linux RedHat Enterprise Linux ES 4
update4 x86_64 .  I need help with a workable solution.
> I tried pg_dump but it does not allow dumping blobs for migration to Oracle.
> I tried a couple of tools but they do not work.
> Oracle does not have a tool to do it for Postgres.
>
> I can only think of using ODBC driver but need help where the ODBC should be installed.
>
> Should it be installed on the Oracle server and should it be a Postgres ODBC?  Where can I down load it from?  I
checkedthe postgres.org website but it was not clear whehter I needed to download the dll, mm, or msi!

Sad to see you go... but dbi-link is likely your friend here.

Jshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Postgres 7.4 to Oracle 10g Migration with BLOBs

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On Oct 27, 2006, at 8:16 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> I need to migrate a 60 GB Postgres 7.4 running on Linux to Oracle
>> 10g running on Linux RedHat Enterprise Linux ES 4 update 4
>> x86_64 .  I need help with a workable solution.
>> I tried pg_dump but it does not allow dumping blobs for migration
>> to Oracle.
>> I tried a couple of tools but they do not work.
>> Oracle does not have a tool to do it for Postgres.
>>
>> I can only think of using ODBC driver but need help where the ODBC
>> should be installed.
>>
>> Should it be installed on the Oracle server and should it be a
>> Postgres ODBC?  Where can I down load it from?  I checked the
>> postgres.org website but it was not clear whehter I needed to
>> download the dll, mm, or msi!
>
> Sad to see you go... but dbi-link is likely your friend here.

You'll probably also want to convert the binary data to hex and then
back again, though maybe dbi-link can actually handle binary data
natively.